Chapter Ten

————

Avoiding the boys is harder than you thought. You know that one day, you'll have to face them again but that time comes a lot faster than expected when they come knocking on your door.

————

Suga or Yoongi still dropped by your cafe to get coffee from you. But you treated him like a regular customer. There are no more small conversations or anything. You get the order, make his coffee and send him on his way.

You finished the book RM lent to you and placed it on his table when they had yet to come back from lunch break. You knew 3/7 of their wolves, you didn't get a chance to see the others to match the human face to the wolf face and frankly, you didn't know if you wanted to.

"Study well, we'll see you back for the exams." Your teacher left class.

Before the exams, there was always a study period where students didn't have to go to school. You only had to come back for the exams and there was a holiday after that.

"(y/n), can we talk?" Jin approached you first.

"I'm... late for work. Sorry." You said quickly and ran out of there. Of course, it was a lie, you didn't really know how to face them.

You were studying by your window when you saw two people approaching your house. You stood up and backed away from the window, wincing when you heard them knocking on the door.

*Maybe if I don't answer-*

"Please, (y/n). We're desperate. We need your help." You heard Taehyung whimpered softly. Sighing, you knew you couldn't leave them if they really needed your help in an emergency. You walked to the door and opened it, looking at them. Taehyung stood with RM beside him. They both looked sad and distraught.

"Yes?" You said softly.

"Jungkookie... He needs you." RM relayed.

"Why?"

"He's sick and he needs you. Please, we wouldn't be here if we were not desperate." Taehyung was close to his knees as he begged you. Heck, he would do that if it convinced you.

"He doesn't need me. He needs a doctor." You shook your head and was going to close the door when RM put a hand to it, stopping you.

"I know there's a lot you're scared of and confused about. But no doctor can help him. He needs you. I promise, there is no lie or ruse. After that, we can talk and explain everything to you. If you don't want anything to do with us, I promise we won't bother you anymore." RM said.

"Hyung!" Taehyung turned to RM, outraged at his promise. He didn't want you to leave them.

"Okay. Take me to him." You grabbed your bag, with Yoongi's washed clothes in them. The two began to walk with you down the forest path. As the house came into view, you had to remind yourself to breathe.

"She's here..." The other wolves inside stood up when they scented you outside the house.

"She came." Suga thought fondly. When you entered the house, you kept your head down, wanting to keep any interaction to a minimum.

"This way." RM said and you nodded, following him up. Standing in front of Jungkook's closed room door, RM knocked before allowing you to enter. Jungkook smelled his leader before your scent.

"(y/n)?" He refused to believe his nose and grunted as he turned to face you. The two weren't lying. Jungkook looked absolutely horrible. His face was paler than Yoongi's, dark circles were prominent under his bloodshot eyes. It looked like the energy had been sucked out of him. Of course, you knew you were the cause of it and guilt hit your heart.