Chapter 12

I inhale a much needed breath as I nodded slowly, complying to her demands without another word. I gently opened the curtains and walked into the changing room.

Now, I had only previously saw a sneak peak of her lingerie, but right now I got the full view. I was throbbing in uncomfortable places, my hands sweating and my eyes darting away to glance at anything but her beautiful body, which looked like it had been carved by the angels.

"Daddy, what's taking you so long?" Vienna whined, and I could not miss the taunting smirk playing on her ruby lips. I simply shrugged.

I wanted to either open the curtains and run away as fast as I could from this dreaded store, or do unspeakable things to her, my alter ego ultimately taking over. I let out a shaky breath as she took all her hair in one side and my eyes trailed down the deliciously smooth skin of her back.

I took the zipper in between my unsteady hands and slowly worked my way up. My eyebrows knitted together in concentration at the simple task, all while burying my alter ego with tons and tons of self control I wasn't sure I owned.

She thanked me gently as I zipped it up to the top successfully. My eyes widened as she took my hands from behind her and wrapped them around her petite waist, her body pressing against mine cozily. I looked into the mirror facing us, studying the questionable stance we were in, studying the way her bottom lip was trapped in between her teeth as she glanced at our joined form, studying the way the silky fabric hugged her body in ways I never thought were possible.

"Beautiful." I murmured raspily against her neck. The living part of my subconscious screamed at me as I pressed my warm lips to the cold, soft skin of the back of her neck. She rolled her eyes backwards at the sensation before closing them and placing her small hands on top of my large ones, which slowly maneuvered southwards.

"Sir, madam, no snogging in the changing rooms! It's our policy, or you get kicked out!" A thin voice owned by a staff member shrieked, breaking the intimate moment like shards of glass.

~~~

I ended up getting it for her, also a few colorful bras and panties here and there. I was still uncomfortable remembering what happened earlier between us, wondering what could have happened if we were not interrupted, scolding myself mentally for what I had done. She was a child! I was her adoptive father! This was as wrong as incest!

Yet it scared me how casual Vienna acted about it, like nothing happened or worse; like it was something that should've happened anyway.

"Daddy!" Vienna squealed suddenly and I turned my head so quickly I could've cracked my neck, millions of thoughts were rushing through my head as I hoped with all I had that she was not in danger, already regretting taking her out in the open like that.

My heart rate slowed down and my tense muscles began to relax once I realized she was just crying out in happiness. She was standing in front of an ice cream shop, jumping up and down and clapping her hands excitedly. I cracked a smile and she let out a merry giggle, it was an inside joke kinda thing.

The tension between was began to melt away like wax as we were sat in the booth, feeding each other mint chocolate chip ice cream as she told me all about her adventures in her new school. Her face reddened in embarrassment as she talked about an unfortunate one,

"One time, I was passing around notes to Lilly in history class. I really didn't think we'd get caught, not until I accidentally threw the note straight into Miss Decker's eye. Yeah.. I think it's safe to say that's why I failed the class.."

I started to laugh loudly, enjoying her company greatly and she joined me as well, somehow we ended up looking like a pair of high hyenas.

Once we calmed down, and forced ourselves not to start laughing again,
I realized that although this had it's major dangers accompanying it, this was probably the happiest we've been. Usually we would cuddle up all day while watching discovery channel and the most fun we had was baking a cake together. Although I'm not very happy about granting her wishes and expanding her horizons, it came with perks. Vienna kind of changed when she was out, she was more free, more happy, the way I loved to witness her. I felt more alive around this Vienna.