Chapter 17

"No, sweetie, that's Vienna. My.." I felt three set of eyes shift to me, wondering what I would label her as. "Vienna." I whispered under my breathe causing Vienna to give me a strange look and turn away.

"Hi Vienna!" Daisy waved at her with a huge smile. Everyone sucked in their breaths in anticipation at her response. Her lips slowly morphed into a smile and she waved sheepishly back at her, "Hi, cutie."

I smiled. So far so good.

"You got me gifts?!" She squealed as she noticed the intricately wrapped boxes nestled in her arms.

"Yup, but you can't open it until you blow your candles, deal?" I said, setting her down and bending to her level.

"Deal." She said with a toothy smile, giving me a bro fist.

I don't need a DNA test. That's my girl.
-----

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Daisy, Happy Birthday to you." We all chorused cheerfully, Daisy sporting a huge grin whilst releasing small excited giggles. We had dimmed the lights and set up the cake and candles.

She closed her eyes and blew the candles a couple of times until their flames died down.

"Did you make a wish?" I asked her as I patted her small back gently.

She smiled, staring up at me. "I didn't need to this time." She said.

I felt my heart warm at what she was hinting at. She ran away to gifts area, and I turned to look at her mother, who was calling my name.

"Harry." She said firmly.

"Emelia." I nodded at her.

"Let's talk in private." She said, ushering me to the kitchen.

"I have to tell you something, but before you assume things I want you to realize that I am fully by your side and care for your daughter just as much as you do and would do nothing to exploit that."

I sighed heavily, already knowing this was not good, "Go ahead."

"I saw Reese this afternoon." My blood ran cold.

~Flashback~

"We set everything up, the candles, the planes, and here's the bouquet." Cooper said in his quirky new Jersey accent. I smiled at him and took the bouquet of red roses from him gently.

"Thank you man. I owe you a great deal." I told my friend of ten years.

"No problem. I'm just so glad you got back to your senses and grew up. Not gonna lie, you were a total asshole these past two years, but I'm glad you're now owning up to your mistakes and fixing them. I'm glad you found a girl to love and appreciate you through it all."

"Thanks, Coop." I repeated, patting his shoulder affectionately.

"Now all you have to do is get in her apartment, surprise her with the date, and get the girl." He winked at me.

I hugged him for what I thought was the last time before I was someone's fiancé and walked up the stairs.

I knocked on the door a couple of times but heard no answer. Maybe she was just a bit busy? I know she loved to paint, so that must be it.

I unlocked the door with my spare keys, "Emelia? Baby?" I called out but heard no response. Strange. Maybe she's tired and took a nap. I really hope she's okay.