Chapter 16

I woke up to a sleepy Vienna laying on my chest. Memories from last night flooded my brain, and I immediately tensed up.

After what had happened last night we never uttered another word except 'salt or pepper?' When we had dinner. It wasn't that we were ignoring each other, it was just that both of us had nothing to say in the aftermath of our reckless actions.

We ended up cuddling together in my bed since she could not sleep well, and fell asleep entangled in each other's limbs.

I got a phone call from her principal, asking me why she had been missing school for the past week and I told him she had a terrible cold.

"I have a cold?"  Vienna whispered as she slowly fluttered her eyes open and sat up, resting her head on my chest.

I pressed my finger to my lips, signifying for her be quiet as the principal told me goodbye and I ended the call.

"When am I going to school again?" She asked me with an instinctive pout. She always pouted whenever she wanted something, because she knew it would usually work on me.

"Next week, I just need to make sure of some things first." I said, touching her face lightly.

She locked eyes with me because of my simple gesture and we stared at each other for a while, sending each other silent messages. I could tell by the sparkle in her eyes that while she may be uneasy about what had started, she was always curious. I don't know what I felt, I knew that this was wrong, but it didn't mean I would stop it.

I appreciated that we were bigger on actions than words, so no one had dared ask the other about what our current relationship status was, and I meant to keep it that way.

She placed her hand on my shoulder and slowly leaned in, lightly touching her lips to mine in a gentle embrace. It wasn't a needy kiss like the last time, in which we were urgent in exploring our passions for each other. It was more like a gentle, reassurance of a kiss. It was more powerful than any words we could have exchanged at the moment.

As she pulled away her lips morphed into a huge grin and mine revealed a hint of a smile as I bit my lower lip. She stared at the way I tugged my lower lip between my teeth and releasing it whilst eying her. She flushed and immediately looked away.

I grinned goofily and leaned into her again, her warm breath hitting against my cheek as her large blue eyes pleaded me for more. My phone had a different opinion though, because it had started ringing obnoxiously.

Her face visibly dropped as I reached for the phone. "Hello?" I murmured, my voice laced with a heavy rasp.

"Your daughter misses you."  I immediately recognized Emelia's sultry voice.

"Oh.." I fiddled with my fingers nervously, "Can I talk to her?"

"Don't be so inconsiderate. Why don't you visit her as often?" She said, her voice emotionless.

"Some things came up.. How is she? Where are you two?"

"We're at home, celebrating her birthday." She hissed. My blood ran cold. How could I forget? Well, I never asked when it was but still.

"Oh. I-"

"Save it. I may be a cold hearted bitch but this is my daughter we're talking about. Our daughter. So I want her to have the best birthday she's ever had yet and I don't want that to be ruined by her lazy moping-ass father so you better get your ass here in ten minutes or you're dead to us." She told me off and then hung up. That was what I was going to do anyway.