Chapter 1: Ghost & Doctor

Makima stood in a room that was luxuriously lavish, indicating the room she was in another office of a higher ranking government employee. A beautiful woman who appears to be in her mid-twenties, her hair was light red and bangs just reaching past her eyebrows. She had two longer side bangs that frame her face and untied long flowing hair. Her eyes are yellow with multiple red rings within them.

"Makima, how is the new hunting dog that's been added to the squad performing?" A man in his late 60s questioned her with authority, anxiously awaiting the results of Y/N's performance who had just been added to the squad. While she observed some of his fights from afar, she noticed Devil Hunters listening to Y/N's advice in battle, being able to point out all of the devil's weak points. It was like she had gained another pet with qualities of a tactician.

"That one seems interesting and full of surprises." Makima replied in her cold calculating tone. She wasn't particularly fond of being ordered around, almost speaking to her supervisor in a way that would shorten the conversation. After all, the government of Japan was who raised her. Viewing lesser beings as dogs and pawns in her little game. Growing up in that harsh environment caused her inexcusable actions she was going to take.

"Interesting?...full of surprises?" This made the higher ups slightly irritated at the statement.

"A pup that I just recently picked up." She etched a calm usual smile as she had already figured out and decided where he was going to fit in her goals. She was pleased. "He can stitch up severed li-" Makima simply stated but found herself cut off by her superior.

This statement angered the higher up even further since it wasn't her job to question their authority. The sound of the end of the ballpoint pen hitting the table echoed the then quiet room.

"Your job is to raise these hounds and put them to work!" The supervisor argued while continuously pointing at her in anger. "Meanwhile I will have this doctor you speak of investigated to see fit in your division."

Internally Makima screamed, the man held a Bachelor's Degree in Medicine in the University of Tokyo that seemingly fit to work as a doctor and work for her squad. Someone Makima could treat as her equal, but the thought of herself being the control demon she hesitated. She reminded herself she wasn't currently looking for a love life but a family she could depend on. After all he was just another human she could use as a pet.

"Don't get too attached, Makima."

Makima smiled, knowing fully that her plans moved along smoothly.

________________________

That late night a thunderstorm broke out. Lightning flashed followed by a loud crash of thunder throughout the night. At the end of a particular street stood a house that was abandoned, bystanders passing by swore they heard eerie noises from the house and others had reported seeing a ghastly apparition of a woman in a white dress with long hair covering her face. The only visible thing was the white part of an eyeball. They said that multiple homicides and families had killed each other while possessed by ghosts. Residents of the town and locals who knew the legend stayed perfectly clear of the house in fear of the ghost themselves. Others and tourists flocked to the location that caused them to go insane after entering the abandoned place, caving in from paranoia. Therefore the legend of the Ghost Devil was born and a select few of Makima's special division were sent to dispose of it. Apparently, Makima was giving out a kiss on the lips to whomever killed or subdued the ghost devil.

A young woman with dark green hair to shoulder length stood in front of a gated common house. This girl was Himeno, one of the devil hunters that belonged to Makima's special division. Her hair drenched wet from the rain, her bangs slightly covered her face as she curled it behind her ear. Her eyes look empty, void of emotion from the trauma of losing numerous partners. Next to her was Y/N, who was also wet from the rain, water dripped from the end of his bangs splattering onto his face. A handsome young man with short blonde hair, blue eyes and light skin. He had slight asian features indicating he was a halfie. He also had a medium sized bag with a strap that slung over his right shoulder. Knee high combat boots on his feet. They were both behind the caution tape stopped by a police officer.