Chapter 12: To the Aquarium we go

ShinobuKocho_Wifey and Wandering_Ronin out with another chapter for our Makima story. 

Let's get the story rolling...

Chapter 12: To the Aquarium we go

Makima took Y/N's hand into hers, guiding him down the street passing by several stores and when they passed a particular store that immediately caught child Y/N's interest. His hand slipped from her grip running towards the store that drew him in. Pressing his face onto the display window.

"What managed to steal my baby Y/N's attention, I wonder?" Makima mused with slight mischief in her tone. She's never raised a human child before but initially compares it to the level of taking care of caring for her pet dogs. It was no wonder that humans call their pets their children. She follows his line of sight, finding a confectionary store. One that sold desserts and cream puffs. A drool of saliva dripped down his lip, looking at the cream puffs as Makima turned towards him.

An unwavering silence drags on as Makima notices Y/N's smile turn into a frown since he knew his wallet was being kept by Makima and was unable to buy a cream puff without it.

"Do you want cream puffs? I'll reward you for good behaviour."

Y/N's frown immediately lit up into a smile, joyful and over the moon being rewarded with cream puffs which he loves. Makima reached into her inner breast pocket to her purse and procured two one thousand yen paper bills. Enough for a couple of cream puffs. Y/N entered the dessert store to purchase the cream puffs by himself. Child Y/N looked like he had gone shopping on his own without his mother, showing his level of independence to take care of himself.

"Excuse me!" The store owner hears a child's voice as she sees two small arms and hands having trouble reaching the tall table on the cash register because of his short stature. "Three vanilla cream puffs, please." The female store owner looked over the counter, meeting the blue eyes of a young child. Y/N a child with chubby cheeks and large looking eyes. She smiled as well, placing three vanilla cream puffs into a paper bag. Giving him another because of how cute and smart he was.

He rushed out of the store excited to show his mother that he was able to buy cream puffs by himself.

"Mommy! Look! I brought a cream puff for you too." Y/N opened the paper bag, hand reaching into the bag taking out a cream puff. His eyes looked up to meet her's, lovingly holding a cream puff towards her with both his hands. As hungry as he was, the first thing on his mind was making sure Makima had food in her belly since Y/N knew what it felt like to starve as a child. The same can be said why Makima hates the Famine, War and Death devil. All Horsemen like herself. Makima, as the Control Devil, yearns for connections that are similar to family but her fellow devil sisters always take the love and connection away from her. Exactly why Makima has to kill and destroy other devils to make a better world. "Mommy, say ahhhh!" Y/N held the cream puff closer to her lips.

Makima knew what this meant, child Y/N wanted to feed her the cream puff. Makima looked around the street and luckily no one else was around. She has a reputation to keep, but if she didn't Y/N would probably cry. She hesitantly opened her lips and took a bite from the cream puff in Y/N's hands. "Mommy, you won't fill up your belly with just one bite. Take a bigger bite. If only you take care of yourself like you take care of me with such love and dedication." Y/N looked up at hers with smiling big blue eyes with a general concern for her health. He noticed she was more concerned about his health and well-being than her's. She leaned forward, hesitantly opening her lips taking a bite from the cream puff. Her heart was filled with a rush of endorphins, a happiness hormone. Her heart felt warm and fuzzy, feelings she's never felt before because of how sweet Y/N treated her. Underneath that cold looking exterior she is capable of love, she just needs someone to show her.