Chapter 3: Evil, Nature and Nurture

Back with another Chapter that I hope my readers will love. Time to get the ball rolling. Chibi Y/N rolls a ball.

Chapter 3: Evil, Nature and Nurture

Three years have passed and Y/N applicable with the medical board was immediately approved after the higher ups ran an intense background check. Not because of his expertise as a medical doctor that Makima had suggested earlier but because of Y/N's close connection with one of their previous Public Safety Devil Hunters. And this came into light to the higher ups at the background check.

A certificate, hospital staff access card was provided to Y/N immediately upon his approval with the board. Along with the material things, he had the benefit of performing surgeries in hospitals. At Special Division 4, there were many who have been added to the team but most were either killed by devils while on a mission or patrol or have quit from being almost insane from the nature of the work.

The entire Public Safety respected Y/N wholeheartedly for what he was able to accomplish for his age. He is a respectable and dedicated devil hunter. He is smart, handsome and a caring man. Someone who was empathetic and understood quickly the needs and the pain of others. Most important of all, loyal and compassionate. And in the three years that he's worked with the Public Safety Division, the higher ups and Makima saw for themselves the results and hard work to put in and because of this he was given the position of Vice-Captain of Special Division 4 and assigned to Makima as her partner. Y/N's position was like a dream come true for any devil hunter. After all, everyone in the office was obsessed with Makima. He was always with her and by her side unless he had a surgery to perform or was ordered by her to the missions along with Special Division 4. It was almost like he was her personal assistant, following her around like her wherever she went unless he was ordered. He was her scary dog privilege. And in addition to this promotion, Y/N was given a smaller office right next to hers that was equipped with some medical equipment and a medical bed surrounded by medical curtains with an opening to allow someone to fit through.

Apart from his previous cufflinks and the knee high boots that he previously wore, he now had a few additions to his wardrobe. Most notably is the black overcoat that previously belonged to Makima now hung over his shoulders with two custom made clips that prevented the overcoat from slipping off. Almost like a cape that symbolises his status as the king of devils. A pair of diamond stud earrings on the lobes of his ear, ones that Himeno took Y/N to when he turned 21 years old to get his ears pierced. He wore a black Jason G-Shock watch that Makima gave him for his 22nd Birthday. A tie clip that she gave him for his 23rd Birthday that he always wears. Her love and affection for Y/N was shown through the act of gift giving.

________________________

"Welcome back, Makima" Y/N greeted his superior as she sat down at her desk after returning from investigating reports of multiple devil killings in a day at the outskirts of Tokyo. "A new overcoat" He smiled softly and handed her a new black overcoat that hung from his left arm, as he realised Makima had not returned with her overcoat that she left with. From what he heard, she found another hybrid that was just like himself.

"Thank you, Y/N" She took the overcoat from his hands and hung it onto her coat rack nearby and returned to her desk. "I assume nothing much happened while I was away?" Makima wore her signature poker face, seemingly wanting to know what had happened in her absence. He stood next to her whilst she remained on the chair.

"As requested, I have successfully captured the future devil and sent it to where the other devils are kept down below. There was no scent of the gun devil's flesh in the future, and confirmed it before it was sent to the facility." Y/N continued to make his report. Makima continued to listen to his report, her golden eyes that were previously staring at a printed piece of paper on her desk and looked up to meet his blue orbs. He looked slightly upset and bothered by something that was plaguing his mind. He shut his eyes to remove the thought in his head, blood rushed to his ears, a trait that occurs when he has something to hide. And when Makima looked up, the redness on his ear was there as she expected.