Chapter 13: Monsters in the closet

Hi, 

ShinobuKocho_Wifey and wandering_ronin here with another release of a new chapter. We worked really hard on this to bring this to our fans. 

Y/N's mentor will be revealed in the next chapter. 

Thank you, 

Shino & Ghost. 

Chapter 13: Monsters in the closet

"Never get between a mother bear and her cub, see?" Makima pointed a finger, a finger gun at the Eternity Devil. Her other hand supported her wrist blowing a massive invisible force towards the Eternity Devil. But her attack missed and the invisible force struck a part of the building causing half of the building to crumble. Concrete, rebar and metal fell to the ground outside. Luckily, the surrounded areas were blocked off by Devil Hunters who were called to the scene. Makima and Y/N had fallen off the building as it crumbled. Fallen down with the concrete and the metal. It was clear that Makima would protect her child no matter the cost since the Eternity Devil put spit on her property.

"M-mommy?" Child Y/N called out to his mother and when there was no only Y/N opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Makima. Her clothing was covered in purple blood. He felt some liquid drip down onto his thighs, liquid that was almost as warm as his skin. A metal pole had impaled her side. She fell limp to his side, "No mommy, no...noooooo." Y/N held her while he cried, his tears washed his face.

"Dammit!! To hell with you!" The deep monstrous voice of the Eternity Devil rumbled as he began raising his hand to strike a fatal blow.

Y/N shut his eyes, holding his mother closer to him waiting for the death blow to connect with him.

But harm never came to him. When he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Makima having revived from her injuries, the side of her shirt covered in red blood. Himeno and Aki had swiftly arrived at the scene after Kobeni on her off day requested for backup. Himeno had summoned the right arm of the Ghost Devil and restrained the Eternity Devil. Her right hand squeezed her hand into a fist while the Ghost Devil's hand mimicked her actions. While the Eternity Devil was distracted Aki cut the devil in half, destroying the core.

Y/N's head comfortably rested on her chest with dry tears on his cheeks. He had cried himself to sleep in her arms. Makima stood up slowly, carrying him in her arms carefully so as to not wake him up from his sleep. She had to get changed since she was covered in Eternity Devil's blood and her own.

After the defeat of the Eternity Devil, Kobeni and Aki immediately evacuated the remaining survivors from the collapsed aquarium as the emergency sirens tore through the city. The zookeepers worked hard to keep the fishes and other sharks alive by placing them into large temporary tanks to make sure the marine animals were still alive.

"Makima san, were you hit somewhere?" Himeno cautiously looked to her side where red blood had stained her shirt. There was a hole in her shirt where the piece of pole had gone through her shirt, leaving Himeno to wonder if she was injured as well. If only adult Y/N was there with them and tended to the injured. Himeno lifted up the side of her shirt and looked closer. Only blood smeared on the top layer of her skin. The blood was her's but because of her contract with the Japanese Prime Minister she was revived.

"It's not my blood. I wasn't hurt." Makima replied in her cold exterior. Her eerie expressionless face while in the event of her child being attacked by a devil. A normal mother would have been in shock that her child was just hurt after being attacked by a devil. But Makima was different, when her child was hurt she was calm even when the Eternity Devil reached for him. "Himeno chan, hold Nacchan while I get changed. If I welcome him in my arms with clothes soaked in blood he's just going to cry again." Makima carefully handed the sleeping child Y/N in her arms and handed him to Himeno so as not to wake him up.