Chapter 16: Hope and Resilience

Alright! Ronin and Shino out with another chapter! We hope this chapter was just as good as our previous chapter. 

Chapter 16: Hope and Resilience

The next day Makima allowed Y/N a couple of days to seek self-discovery and healing, he realised that forgiveness was not an easy path to tread. Although Makima was consumed with work, Y/N felt as if she was holding his hand guiding him along the way. The mental wounds that Y/N inflicted on himself ran deep and the memories of his tumultuous past haunted him. But he was determined to break free from the cycle of anger and pain that had held him captive for so long. And of course talking to Makima was like a healing itself.

I feel better after talking to Makima already, although I still haven't healed entirely. A warm meal does stop my hands from trembling and feeling cold. I feel a little better.

He attended therapy sessions regularly, sharing his experiences and emotions with a compassionate therapist, Luna the little girl Y/N helped with her mathematics homework. Apparently she had become a licensed therapist. Through their sessions, she began to unpack the layers of hurt and betrayal that had festered inside him. It was a painful process, but Luna understood that it was necessary for his own well-being. Y/N's worry of losing a loved one had spilled onto his love life. His fear of losing Makima.

Y/N was now in her office running through one of his therapy sessions. He was lying on a comfortable sofa as Luna sat on another sofa that was nearby.

"Natsuki-kun, have you considered writing a letter to Makima-chan? Not to send, but as a way to express your feelings and find closure as well. These thoughts are also contributing to this cycle of hurt and unwanted thoughts." Luna asked Y/N out of nowhere, telling Y/N to put his thoughts and feelings into the letter to her and give it to someone to look over it. "After that keep it with someone you trust." (Luna called her Makima-chan since she's Y/N's girlfriend.)

Y/N hesitated for a moment, then nodded. He decided to give it a try. Luna gave him a piece of grid paper and pen before Y/N poured his heart and soul into the letter addressed to Makima. In it, he detailed his own sense of morality and his love for her. Words that told a confession in the letter. He didn't hold back his emotions, letting his words flow freely onto the paper.

When the letter was complete, Y/N felt a sense of release he hadn't experienced before. It was as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He knew that he didn't need to send the letter to Makima, the act of writing had been cathartic enough to at least bring some sort of closure in his fear of losing her.

However it was far from over, but now he was on a path that led to a brighter future moving forward with hope and resilience.

_______________________

That afternoon after his therapy session Y/N was on his motorcycle. He had his leather jacket on, the engine roaring to life beneath him, feeling a sense of liberation. The rumble of the sport bike was like a soothing symphony drowning out the urban cacophony.

He sped through the city streets, leaning into sharp turns with the precision of a seasoned rider. The wind kissed parts of his skin, and the city's chaos melted away with each passing mile. It was just him, the road and the ever-changing scenery. Y/N's mind drifted as he cruised along the winding coastal highway. He thought about his life and his girlfriend Makima. But out here on the road, all his worries seem insignificant. The scent of saltwater and the sound of crashing waves accompanied him as he rode along the rugged cliffs overlooking the ocean. Nature itself was whispering its secrets into his ears, urging him to let go of his burdens. As he picked up speed, he felt adrenaline coursing through his veins. The motorcycle became an extension of himself, a tool for escape and self discovery. The worries that weighed him down for so long were blown away by the wind, leaving only a sense of freedom and clarity.