Chapter 17: International Assassins and a Santa Clause

Hi Lovely Readers! 

Ronin and I are back with another Makima X Reader chapter. We apologies that we've been away working on a new podcast channel that we've been planning for a couple of months. We'll be focusing on gaming and anime related content, so check us out when out when our podcast posted. 

Shino and Ronin. We love u all!

Chapter 17: International Assassins and a Santa Clause

In the confines of the Public Safety prison where all devils being held by Public Safety resided, Y/N stood in the presence of the the Future Devil. There was no one around him beside another Devil Hunter standing guard just outside the gate. A reddish orange eyeball with a dark pupil stared at him from the darkness. It stepped around from the darkness revealing a humanoid body with outstretched arms and a horned head. Its lower half resembled trees growing from the floors with branches and a trunk. There were multiple vince-like streamers growing from its arms and chest. Its face had three pairs of eyes stacked on top of each other vertically and its wide mouth perpetually open.

"The future rules!...The future rules!...The future rules! THE FUTURE IS THE BEST!" The future devil exclaimed as he danced around, being extremely playful as he boasted how the future is the best. "Come on! You too as well!" The future devil began encouraging Y/N to dance with him as well.

"No thank you, I didn't come all this way to enjoy dancing with you. I need something." Y/N professionally denied his invitation to dance along with him. "Makima, the Control Devil. I want to know if I'll lose her in the end."

"I won't require anything from you. I'd do anything for you, my King. The contract we had already made when you first put me in here as I promised, I will show you your future." The future devil raised his arms exposing the hole in his abdomen that had an orange eye with a black pupil. The size is just big enough to fit a person's head. "Stick your head in me already."

Y/N walked closer to where he was and stuck his head into the hole. It wasn't long before Y/N suddenly stumbled backward in horror at what he had just witnessed. "What on earth did you just show me?!" He questioned the Future Devil, horrified by what he had just seen followed by the barking of multiple dogs.

The future devil did nothing but laugh, entertained by the events that played out in Y/N's future. "In the future losing the one closest to you will fucking rule! Do you want to know what happens to you?" The Future Devil began taunting Y/N asking if he would kill Denji if he was the one to kill her. Fully knowing that the Control Devil had his heart under lock and key, that he would do anything to protect her.

_______________________

The next day, Denji was still asleep in his bed. He had a dream where his younger self was standing behind a metal door in a small alleyway. He recognised Pochita's voice calling out to him as to not open the door that Pochita tried to protect him from. He woke up in a cold sweat. He sat up from the bed as Meowy jumped onto his bed and meowed to get his attention. He wiped his sweat coming to the conclusion at the fact that he had the same dream for a couple of days now. He stood up and got dressed before leaving for the living room. The first thing he saw was Aki and Power at the breakfast table. He looked to where the table was sunny side up, eyes, sausages and buttered toast. He sat at his seat while Mewoy followed him.

"Meowy such a traitor!" Power exclaimed, the green eyed monster that her cat left her in the middle of the night and laid beside the sleeping Denji instead of laying beside her in her bed. "She keeps sleeping in Denji's bed. Betrayal is one of the stupidest things humans can do." She wrapped her arms around Meowy's armpits, feeding her a piece of bread. The smell of coffee filled Denji's nostrils, reminding him of Reze. Reze stole his heart.