Chapter 4: Effort to take a step forward

Wandering_Ronin & ShinobuKocho_Wifey out with another chapter. Let's get rolling. Chibi Y/N rolls a ball so that Makima would pet him. 

Chapter 4: Effort to take a step forward

"Makima, Do you happen to know who Paarthurnax is from Norse Mythology?" Y/N stuck up his finger as he began to tell Makima a story as she leaned into him and listened in. "Paarthurnax is a great dragon that committed atrocities in the past but he had overcome those base instincts through hard work but that evilness that is in his heart is still alive within him and is a part of him."

"I'd like to ask you this." Y/N turned to where Makima was placing a hand on her heart, to feel her genuine reaction through her heart. "Which one do you prefer, to be born good or overcome your evil nature with great effort."

This statement made Makima place her chin between her thumb and index finger deep in thought about what Y/N had asked earlier. Knowing her nature as the Control Devil, Y/N was trying to ask her if she had a potential to change her evil ways. In truth, she already knew what her answer was, she was giving off an illusion that she had thought of the answer carefully.

"There is no such thing as being born good because devils are truly a reflection of what humans are. Humanity would be happier without things like hunger, illnesses and war." Makima spoke with an unreadable expression plastered on her face. Y/N looked up to meet her golden ringed iris, he couldn't tell that she meant it. Y/N's hand remained on her chest, in an attempt to read her true feelings. He pressed further.

"Oh? I see." Y/N rested his head on his hand and listened in, hoping to understand his superior. He wanted to understand how her mind worked. "And what do you want to do when you wipe out the devil's?" He pressed further.

"I want to create a better world." She smiled slightly as the words left her lips. This was her mission and she must accomplish it and no one could stop her. "This is something I must do. My mission. Even knowing all that, would you still be by my side?" Makima looked towards where Y/N was, her eyes scanning him inquisitively getting a reaction out of him.

Y/N smiled at her statement and turned towards her, knowing that even if she was evil he would follow her even in death. "You already know the answer to that question." Y/N's palm that touched Makima's chest now turned into a point with his index finger. Still touching her chest. "However, I'd like you to consider this. Is this what you want for the humans or is this what the humans want?"

Y/N shut his eyes in an attempt to hear her heart beat scanning for signs for increase in her heart rate and blood pressure, signs of being untruthful. Y/N had sensed that was not what Makima truly wanted.

Y/N signed and placed a hand like he was so done with her antics. His index finger squeezing the bridge of his nose, slightly irritated she wasn't being truthful to herself. "Makima, I think you are slightly confused as to what you truly want."

Y/N would see the look of surprise on her face, not her pretending to be surprised but a genuine surprise leaving her lips slightly parted and her eyes slightly widened. She smiled and leaned into him for comfort. Everytime, when she is with him she learns something new, emotions and connections that she can truly eventually make for herself. When she was with him, she felt invincible as the Control Devil and that she could achieve anything if he was with her. She let out a smile as she listened in.

"Everyone has the potential to better themselves, and without things such as war, hunger and illnesses humans won't be able to better themselves. Things such as medical research and improvement to procedures were based on previous mistakes other surgeons made to better the surgeons of the newer generation." Y/N flicked her forehead and maybe he flicked her forehead harder than usual causing Makima to rub where he had flicked her. He added. "Even if you remove the war from the equation of humans, humanity will find a way to start another war between the nations. If that happens are you going to torture yourself and have to build this better world of yours again and again?"