Chapter 2: I want to understand

Hi Everyone, Shinobu here again with the second chapter to Makima X Male Hybrid Reader. Let's get this story rolling

Chapter 2: I want to understand

When Himeno first woke up, the artificial lights in the hospital blinded her eyes. She squinted her eyes, blinked and looked around and noticed she was in a private hospital room. She sat up from the bed and looked to her left where a heart monitor stood, where a bag of saline solution hung with a tube and a needle that connected to her left arm. Her hand moved up to her right eye and felt a waterproof material covering where her eye was. Her eyes moved down and noticed she was dressed in a hospital gown. A white hospital armband on her wrist indicating that she was admitted to the hospital. She then remembered she had sacrificed her eye in order to gain a contract with the ghost devil. And the last thing she remembered was Y/N screaming her name running up to her as he held a fabric over her bleeding right eye.

"Y/N?" Himeno called out to her partner in an attempt to look for him, a slight pain shot through her surgical wound and she clutched the site.

Worrying about her partner, Himeno was about to call out to her partner again when she heard a soft cute snore that came from her right, she couldn't tell who it was since her medical eyepatch was blocking half her vision. But when she looked over, it was Y/N who had fallen asleep. He wasn't wearing his standard devil hunter uniform but wore medical scrubs instead. He was tired and exhausted from 5 hours of intense surgery from fixing the extent of damage to her right eye. His back was resting on the chair, his neck slightly slanted to the side indicating he had fallen asleep on the chair. A hospital lab coat hung at the corner of the chair, a staff name tag clipped to the pocket of his coat with a lanyard that wrapped around the collar of the coat.

Himeno was about to pretend to be the voice of the ghost devil to scare him awake but stopped when she heard a knock on the door just outside the hospital room. "You can come in..." Himeno replied thinking it was a hospital employee, and when the door opened it was Makima who had come to visit. In her hand were two small bags carrying something light of some sort. She was still dressed in her Devil Hunter uniform indicating she visited Himeno after work. A long black jacket draping over her shoulders.

"Makima san!" Himeno greeted her superior, slightly surprised at her sudden visit since she'd never seen her make a visit to any devil hunter who was resting at the hospital.

Makima smiled slightly at the statement. "Oh, were you not expecting me?" She was only here at the special request of Y/N, lying to her colleague about checking in on her injury when all she wanted to do was check on Y/N. In truth, she just wanted to see him in person and didn't expect to get so attached to him.

"And also..." Makima added, taking a large lunch box out from her bag. It was a lunch box that Y/N made for Himeno before he fell asleep after performing the surgery. "Y/N said that the hospital food here won't suit your palate so he made you some. It's lower in sodium and sugar so he said it will make your wound heal faster."

Makima placed the lunch box on the portable table near where Himeno was. She sniffed the box and noticed a fragrant smell coming from the gaps within the box, it was the fragrant scent of beef. Himeno unwrapped the fabric that covered the box and when she did, a folded note fell from the top of the box. She unfolded it and It read;

"Himeno san,

I hope you are feeling much better after the surgery. I tried to do the best there was but there was just too much clotting and the other eyes from the donors weren't a match. But I don't want to let you down because you are more important to me than you think, because I think of you as my older sister. You showed me around the office and made me understand what it took to be a good devil hunter. You may not like it but either way I will still call you Hime neesan.