Chapter 8: Mission Start

Wondering_ronin & ShinobuKocho_Wifey out with another Chapter! You might wanna sit back since this will be a long one. Grab a pillow and blanket and let's get ball rolling my fellow insomniacs.

Chapter 8: Mission Start

The next morning, when Y/N woke up Makima was no longer in bed. He was inside her apartment, in her bed after the assault on the Special Divisions. There was a pair of neatly folded uniforms at the end of the bed, that was just fresh out from the laundry. Makima did his laundry. He smiled softly at Makima's acts of service, he got dressed and left the room. Makima had ushered the dogs out of her bedroom so they wouldn't disturb Y/N in his sleep after he helped her with dealing with the assault on the Special Divisions. Allowing Y/N to get the best rest possible. When he opened the door, there he found Makima wearing a plain purple apron flipping souffle pancakes with a raw pancake mixture was next to her. Makima was so focused on cooking pancakes for Y/N she didn't hear Y/N come up from behind, but because of her increased smell perception, she was able to anticipate Y/N's surprise hug. But a surprise hug wasn't Y/N's intentions since he knew Makima could smell it was him before he even approached her. Y/N wrapped his arms around Makima's waist.

"Good morning, Maki-chan" Y/N smiled softly, Makima let him wrap his arms around her. But instead of hugging her, Y/N placed a hand on her chest while his other hand moved to the two souffle pancakes she was cooking. His hand reached the souffle pancakes and peeled it off the pan. "Ahhhhhh!" Y/N placed the souffle pancake in his mouth. The hand on her chest was just a diversion so Y/N could steal the pancake, fully knowing that Makima would slap his hand away since breakfast wasn't ready. "Hmmmm...even with your lack of culinary skills, this pancake is so flavourful, fluffy and soft. You make good pancakes." Y/N took in how flavourful the souffle pancake tasted. Everything else that Makima made except desserts, ended up burnt and dried to the crisp.

When Y/N finished the pancake, he sucked on his fingers to clean off the remaining oil and crumbs off his fingers. "Darling, be careful not to get a stomach ache. The pancake isn't fully cooked yet." She teased, and giggling was certainly something Y/N had expected. Y/N was so used to her mysterious reasons in giggling that Y/N chuckled before kissing her soft cheek. He had learned to understand that Makima was giggling because his acts sometimes reminded her of a young child. Playing game devices and going shopping, acting inappropriately while others are dying.

Y/N pulled away and the moment he did, Makima's numerous dogs almost nearly toppled him over as they jumped up placing their paws on Y/N's thigh and waist as if they were asking Y/N to make them breakfast as he did yesterday. "Yeshhhhh, my Creamy and Tiramisu are so eager for breakfast. Aren't you?" Y/N kneeled down and began talking to the huskies as if they were infants over exaggerating the intonations speaking to the dogs in such a silly way. Cream Puff rolled over to her belly asking for belly rubs. Y/N scratched her belly as requested and chuckled at her demanding canine personality. "I know. I know, The food that daddy makes is much better than the one mommy makes, right?" Y/N began comparing the dog food that Makima prepares and the nutritious dog food that Y/N makes. Makima had to admit lately that she was slightly jealous since Y/N had started to treat her dogs better than he did to her, a feeling of anxiety that was focused on losing Y/N's affection and love. She was scared that he would no longer make delicious food for her. Makima's hand clutched her chest where her heart was. Y/N could tell from her slightly narrowed eyes that something was bothering her. Y/N immediately knew what she was worried about. She was worried that Y/N treated her dogs better than her.

"Silly girl, Maki. I'm only fond of dogs because these fur balls are like free emotional therapy. But these cute fur balls can never replace you. There's only one of you after all..." Y/N stood up and went to where Makima was. He leaned in closer and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. Makima hadn't even done much and had manipulated Y/N to think that she was the only one for him. "No one can ever replace you." Y/N tapped the tip of her nose and smiled at her.