Chapter 14: Old wounds when reopened

FYI - The art is not mine - Shino.

Chapter 14: Old wounds when reopened

The next day, Y/N woke up to the wet tongue of a dog against his naked buttocks and adjusted his position, gently pushing the dog off of him. He sat up on the bed, that's when it hit him. He didn't have any clothes on. His hands lifted the blankets that rested around his waist, his lower region was not clothed. He looked around the bed, picking up bits of fabric. He looked closer and immediately recognised the piece of fabric, it was the pyjamas that he wore the night prior. He looked around, his hand feeling the muscles on his chest. He had returned to his adult form while in his child sized pyjamas. Makima woke up as well, her fingers delicately traced the contours of his body. He laid together on the bed, the duvet enveloping both of them with a mischievous glint in her eyes as she leans in closer, causing his heart to start skipping beats.

"Hmm? Someone's eager? Already prepared and dressed in his birthday suit?" She teased, her words being playful and taunting. Teasing him at how he was already naked for the occasion. Her fingers continued trailing down his body, climbing over him. His hand brushed up against her thigh. She leaned in closer, her lips teasingly kissing his neck as she whispered into his ear. "Welcome back...cute how you're so desperate like a doggy." She brushed her free hand, tucking the strand of red hair behind her ear before kissing his chest. Her lips then loomed over his, leaning forward for a kiss.

But before the kiss connected, a brick cell phone in Y/N's work bag next to him hummed a tune before Y/N leaned over his work bag and answered the call. Makima stepped out of her comfort zone, trying to humanise herself, fingers feeling the rise and dips of his chest as she mouths a joke. Fingers dragging down his chest as she kissed it.

"No silly, n-not there..." Y/N tried his best to hold in his laughter but a sound came out, telling Makima not to kiss his chest since he was ticklish where Makima had kissed him. Makima, as intelligent as she was, stayed quiet since it was the higher ups on the other end of the line. Y/N wrapped an arm around her waist. Sometimes, she would turn down the temperature allowing the air conditioning to run just as an excuse to hold and hug him, since Makima had described him as a human furnace in the winter. Holding and hugging onto a personal heater.

"Excuse me?!" The higher up screamed into his ear at the other end of the line.

"No, not you sir. It's my dog." Y/N sat quietly listening to the instructions of the higher up. Makima listened carefully to the conversation. Y/N nodded a couple of times before he ended the call. Y/N leaned over for a kiss, his eyes smiling softly at her.

"How angry would the higher ups be if I called in sick on my first day back..." Y/N told Makima softly, a thumb brushing up against the swell of her cheek as Makima leaned into the palm of his hand.

"Forget the higher ups, darling. I may be your girlfriend but I'm still your boss, see? And if you don't get dressed I will write you up for disobedience." Makima looked up beneath his eyelashes and eerily smiled before climbing off the bed and opening her closet before taking off her pyjamas and putting on her white formal shirt.

"Yes, boss." Y/N immediately replied knowing he would be in trouble if he didn't listen to her commands.

"Darling, would you come here and help me with my tie?" Makima gently asks for his help with her tie. Of course, as intelligent as she is, knows how to put on her tie herself but she likes it when he does it for her. Y/N shuffled in closer. She looks up at his blue eyes, the perfect view of his beautiful eyes as she feels the warmth of his fingers fluttering against her neck.

"All done, boss..." He teased before giving her a kiss on the cheek getting changed himself, childishly holding onto the duvet cover wrapping around his lower region to hide his naughty bits as he dressed into his uniform.