Episode 5: Bjorken Telephone

Marnie POV:

After seeing thirteen teams leave for the challenge Kristen and I finally got to grab our travel tip. What made our wait worse was that we had to watch the Ice dummies leave in first place. Either way, Kristen slammed down the button on the Don Box and grabbed the tip.

"We have to take a bus to Geysisgil! Come on Marnie let's go!" Kristen said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward the bus stop. Now this would have been a great idea if we weren't one of the last four teams. While waiting we were conversing with Geoff and attempting to converse with Brody who was in a bit of a smoked state, the black colour from being so roasted had faded. But his eyes were still very red but I still think he's hot.

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"Guy got a few too many shocks from the speed boat, but I'm gonna be able to do all the heavy lifting. It's too late to give up and go home. We won't quit!" Geoff said, determinedly.

"I hear that bro!" Kristen laughed. "Listen if you need any help let us know. That's what alliances are for," she smiled giving him a fist bump. Once our bus arrived the two of us ran onto the bus and joined the other teams. Shortly, we arrived at the geyser field. Kristen pressed the button down on  the Don box and grabbed the tip, she read as I looked over her shoulder:

"It's an all-in, we have to remember a sentence in Icelandic and then.." Kristen continued.

"WOO-HOO! We get to cross through a field of geysers!" I cheered.

"Marns, are you gonna let me finish?" Kristen asked and I nodded. "Once we reach the end of the geyser field we must repeat the sentence to a local," she finished. 

"Let's go!" I said running over to the speaker box and pressing down on the button on the speaker box which said;

"Vinsamlegast gefðu mér mina travel ábending,"

"Woo!" Geoff cheered, grabbing Brody's wrist an racing away. Kristen and I raced after him and next to him respectively. "Let's go!" I yelled as we continued running. This was just as Kelly of the Mum and Daughter team ran past us alongside each other. Kristen and I were having the time of our lives, dodging hot jets of water and doing flips over the geysers. Soon enough we reached the local.

"Shoot, Kristen, do you remember what the speaker box said?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah, Vinsamlegast gefðu mér mina travel ábending," she said as the local handed her a tip.

"Yay!" Kristen cheered before hugging me and the local as we tried to push her off.

"Uh, Ven, no wait Kristen said Vinsamlegast gefðu mér mina travel ábending!" Geoff smiled as The local handed him a tip. 

"Way to go Geoff!" Marnie smiled as the two of them hi-fived.

"We have to take the helicopter to Skaftafell National Park," Kristen said as we ran off. Then we got into the helicopter right as Geoff and Brody jumped on at the last second. Soon enough our helicopter touched down in the park. Kristen ran over to the Don box and pressed the button.

"It's an either-or, Marnie this time it's a choice between feast or fossil," Kristen read. I thought for a second.

"Feast," I said, knowing I'd eat anything. But I knew I'd be the one eating more of the food. Once we reached the table I lifted the cover off the dish revealing a collection of really horrid looking meat.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho! Dude!" Geoff exclaimed, as Kristen gagged.

"Kristen, please don't vomit, I don't want to come in last, and I don't wanna deal with your barfing habits at the moment," I said.

"Wait? Barfing habits?" Kristen questioned.

"Focus!" I yelled.

"Right, sorry," she said, starting to eat the shark as I got to work on the pickled herring. but I could hear my older sister gag with each mouthful. Then I heard the mum and daughter gag behind us.

"No, uh-uh, not happening, we're going fossiling cause ew barf,"  Taylor whined.

"Don't say barf," Kelly said, before Taylor vomited. Then her mother also vomited. The two of them left right as Kristen gagged and threw up as well.

"Kristen!" I complained.

"I'm sorry, but my stomach is so weak," she said before she continued to eat, then we saw Geoff feeding Brody who gagged before swallowing the food.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, absolutely the guy is a human trash can he'll eat anything," Geoff explained.

"Really?" I asked.

"Totally! I did tell you he once ate a cat's hairball right?" Geoff asked.

"Oh yeah," Kristen laughed. I smiled and we finished eating everything before we were left with the eyeballs from the sheep head. Kristen looked at me and then opened her mouth about to say something. This was until I shoved the eyeball into her mouth she chewed, swallowed and gagged vomit filling her cheeks. I pushed my hand across her lips and she swallowed the vomit. Then I ate the eyeball myself before swallowing it quickly, and trying not to think about it. We finished our platter and took off right as Geoff and Brody also left. The four of us got onto the carpet of completion, with them arriving slightly before us.

"5th and 6th place!" Don said, as Geoff gave the still electrocuted Brody a fist bump. While Kristen and I hugged each other. Happy to be out of the bottom half. As we headed toward the hotel where we'd be staying I felt good about our chances when it came to the rest of the game, although it'd be too early to really tell right now.