26: A Million Ways to Lose a Million Dollars

3rd Person POV:

The final four teams were all on the same flight to New York.

Confessional: The Surfers:

"Could we win? At this point, I don't see why not," Geoff said.

"Ha-ha! We definitely have luck on our side, we were lucky to get back into the race at all. And make it to the finale, with a future girlfriend? Triple lucky," Brody smiled.

Confessional: The Police Cadets:

"That's right, the little police cadets made it all the way to the big bad finale. So look out! We're the ultimate superhero and sidekick duo," Macarthur smiled, while Sanders frowned.

"Seriously?" she questioned.

"Um, you're the superhero," Macarthur tried to save herself.

"Oh, okay then," her partner smiled.

"But I'm the loveable, funny sidekick, who's just as good at everything, And maybe a little stronger," Macarthur said, while Sanders scowled.

Confessional: The Daredevils:

"This is it, day one: had you told me we'd make it to the finale I wouldn't have believed you. This race has meant so much to us," Kristen said.

"Exactly, I got what I came here for, a future boyfriend, and now it's time to get you your ticket to med school and a police lady girlfriend," Marnie smiled.

"That, and we have to get rid of the Ice Dancers for good," Kristen said as the sisters hi-fived.

Confessional: The Ice Dancers:

"If the other teams think they have a chance, they're kidding themselves," Josee smiled, evilly.

"But the joke is on them," Jacques said before he and Josee broke out into cackles.

"We're the best, always have been. Today is no different. We're going to win!" Josee laughed.

End Confessionals

Marnie POV:

Our plane touched down at JFK airport and we raced out of the plane and in the direction of the don box. Geoff slammed down and grabbed the first tip.

"It's an all-in, who's ready to take on the traffic," Geoff read, and I grabbed a tip as well.

"For this challenge we have to take one of the assigned Ridonculous taxis, and then race toward the empire state building. Once we arrive, we gotta climb 86 flights of stairs, in order to reach the observation deck. That's where we'll get our next tip, attached to one of the four suitcases. Moving one step closer to the final chill zone and the million dollar prize," I read.

"Fun fact, last team to arrive is pretty much doomed," Sanders said, eyes widening.

"The taxis," Brody exclaimed, running off.

"Come on Kris!" I said, pulling her away.

"Go, go, go! Viet! Viet!" Jacques screeched, we got into our taxi and raced away right behind Geoff and Brody, with Kristen driving us away. I grabbed our map and began to search for shortcuts.

"Keep going down this road!" I told her.

"Got it!" Kristen said driving as fast as she could, after a while we'd managed to then catch up with Geoff and Brody.

"Marnie, are we almost there?" Kristen asked.

"Yup, just keep going, and..." I took a look in the side view mirror to see the Ice Dancers racing toward us.