23: Darjeel With It

Kristen POV:

The next day we arrived early but unfortunately had to watch the other teams grab tips before us. Tensions were now rising high being and being the final six teams now, endgame was nearing us quickly. Snapping me out of my thoughts Marnie pulled me to the Don box. I pressed on the button and read the tip.

"We're going to Darjeeling, India," I read.

"Let's grab a cab!" she said, pulling her away. Quickly, we took a taxi and it brought us to the airport. We managed to get tickets on the fastest flight. But unfortunately, the other teams were also there so we were all on the same flight. Soon enough we were in the air. I leaned back and tried to fall asleep. But I woke up when I heard Marnie giggle, as I looked over the chairs I saw my younger sister pose with Emma who was asleep and drooling as she leaned against the aeroplane window. She looked really funny. Kitty was going to snap a picture but then they stopped when they heard some really loud sobbing. Looking around the plane I saw it was Macarthur who was sobbing. She must've felt really bad about what she'd done to Sanders. After the sobbing stopped, Kitty snapped the picture. And after a couple more hours spent in the plane, we touched down in India. All of us rushed out of the airport and got out as fast as we could. Marnie was searching for a taxi but I ended up getting one first.

"Marnie over here!" I said, she quickly ran over and both of us got in.

"Take us to Darjeeling," she said.

"And step on it please," I said. The taxi driver floored it and we took off. Eventually we arrived in Darjeeling, when we got there, we realised we were in first place but as soon as I got out I felt a mass amount of heat hit my face. Marnie must've been feeling the exact same because she had already fallen to the ground. I gripped her ankle and started to pull her toward the Don box slowly. Suddenly, everybody else arrived. The Ice Dancers raced out of their taxi but immediately stopped as soon as they also felt the heat. They dropped to the ground as well.

"Heat so hot," Jacques exclaimed. I then took a tip, still pulling Marnie by the ankle.

"Teatime? It's an all-in both members of each team have to strap on a basket and then start collecting leaves and fill their basket to the brim, once they do you must show it to the local to get your next tip," I read as me and Marnie headed off and both of us strapped on a basket each. We then, somehow, managed to jog into the tea leaf field and started picking. After a while Marnie had to sit down.

"Marns, come on. I can't do this challenge without you," I said, pulling her up again.

"Sorry, Kristen, but this heat is really getting to me," Marnie said trying to get up.

"It's fine, but could you please try not thinking about the heat?" I asked.

"How can I not think about the heat?"

"Try thinking about something cold, like in Hawaii," I said, this got her to wake up.

"Oh Hawaii was great, that was when Brody was still here," Marnie then began to unknowingly pick the leaves.

"That's great, keep going," I said, picking leaves of my own.

"I just... I just -I miss him so much," she said. "I think I actually love him," she paused, while my eyes widened. "Do I? Yes of course I do but he really likes Macarthur," she said, still a little dazed from the heat. "I just hope she won't break my bones for kissing him in Vietnam,"

"Marnie, are you sure?" I asked. Momentarily stopping the leaf picking.

"Yes I'm sure, do I look like I'm kidding? There is nothing more serious than realising you love someone," she said.