Chapter 1- I already decided

"Potatoes again?" Lia grumbled and because she's 6 and not a baby anymore, I have to tell her, to be grateful to whatever we have on the table

"What's wrong with it? Don't you know that you're still blessed because other kids might not anything have even a hard bread to fill their stomach. Be grateful and eat, if you don't want to get hungry later." I told her before Sister Rosetta gave me a look that says "that's enough, young lady!"

"Lia, Edrei is correct, if you don't eat, you might get hungry later. And to tell you, it's actually quite delicious so why don't you taste it?" Sister coaxed her with smile before saying that I became strong and taller for my age because of these potatoes.

Goodness!

"But everyone knows that she's stronger and taller not because of potatoes, though." Lia replied

Damn straight! But I couldn't let Sister Rosetta down.

"Nope, Sister is correct. When I was at your age, I never skipped eating potatoes. And since you're 6, start eating it so that you can become stronger just like me."

"Okay!" She answered enthusiastically before announcing that it taste not so bad.

What a grateful child!

Although you can't blame this child, you couldn't also blame Sister Rosetta.

Compared to anyone here, she's the most hardworking person that I know of. Not only she takes care of us, but she also make sure that we have enough budget to sustain our daily needs until the next month of donation from the village's chief.

"Listen Lia, If you won't make any complain over the food again, I promise that I will catch some fish for you, tomorrow."

"As if you can keep a promise just like you said." Lara suddenly butt in, making all of us quiet for a while.

And what with this hard look that she's giving me?

"Well I admit that not always, but I will this time, so relax." I told her while reciprocating the same intensity that she's giving me off.

The air inside the room became more thick you could cut it with a knife.

And I'm wondering why she's acting so weird like this. As we grew up together, I know that's normal to have a petty fights but I feel just now that she hates me.

"Relax? You want me to relax when you're about to leave us sooner or later?"

"WHAT!" Lia, Amy and Megan blurted out simultaneously.

"You can't do that Edrei!" Lia said in a teary eyes. The other two girls were crying on their seats too but I couldn't do anything to calm them down because Lara's statement is true.

I already made up my mind. And since I'm turning 15— the right age to enter the Academy, I think it's about time to leave the orphanage.

"Listen girls, Edrei just want to go to the capital to find a work."