Chapter 2 - the exam {part 1}

"Alright let's do this!"

The only words that I muttered once I stepped inside this huge gate in front of me. I finally came here and still my heart can't stop from beating so fast.

After spending my remaining days with everyone at the orphanage, I thought I won't feel any sadness but I wrong as I wished that they are here with me.

"Are you sure that you will not bring us with you?" Sister Rosetta asked.

"Yeah. It's very tiring specially to the kids." I told her but deep inside, I just don't want her to spend more money for the transporation. Even an old horse-carriage is way too costly so instead to spend, why not save it for their food.

Moreover, I'm done crying!

After we ate our breakfast together, Lia, Megan and Amy began crying again, but once I told that I will write a letter to them, their sobbing stopped and smile appeared on their lips. Lara and Sister Rosetta didn't say anything because they knew that I'm gonna be okay and would never cut our communications, whatever happens.

"Hello, may I know where I could register my name for the entrance exam." I asked to the lady that sits behind the desk. I don't know but I probably disturb her because her face frowned as she looks at me from head to toe.

Well, don't expect some glamorous attire because I don't have money to buy expensive dress and shoes.

"It's here." She answered then give me the registration paper to fill up.

"After writing your full name, age and magic affinity, give it back to me, understood?" She said with a blank face and I'm curious what would be her expression when someone from a Noble family appears to register too.

After I found some quiet place to write, suddenly a boy bumped into me, causing my pen and the paper to fall.

As I get a quick snapped on his features, I could easily tell that he's from Noble family. His clothes and appearance are astounding but that doesn't mean that he can go without apologizing.

"I'm sorry." He said before proceeding to the registration desk. He must be in hurry.

Alright, I will let this slide since he apologized.

"Hi, I'm sorry again for bumping into you. I was in hurry that I didn't watch where I was going." He said and after seeing him closely, I figured that he's same age as me.

"It's fine since you apologized. You can leave me now." I told him as I need to fill up my form too.

"Sorry . I thought I could stay here. Am I disturbing you?" He asked.