Chapter 22 - Aila

Fourteen years ago, I still can remember how I came up in this village

"So you're finally awake."

'Shit! It feels like my head is splitting in two.'

As I look at the old man in front of me, I'd say that he's my savior.

"Thank you Sir, for saving me." I said as I start moving my body.

Ouch!

"Don't move yet. It's a miracle that you woke up after days, after you broke your ankles and covered with wounds. What's your name anyway?" He asked before I decided not to tell him my true name.

"It's Aila, Sir."

"So Aila, I'll just leave you for a moment to fetch you some food, alright?"

After thanking him, I tried to move again, but failed since my feet were still swollen and hurt so bad. I think I have to stay on this bed for few days until I can finally able to walk again.

After three months, I finally recovered and able to help the old man who saved me. His name is Bronn and he's a fisherman.

When I tried to escape from those people who want me dead and my daughter, I had to make the hardest decision of my life.

After I left her in an orphanage, my heart shattered into tiny pieces. But, I had no choice but to do it, for her to live and be safe.

I run non-stop, like my life had depended on it until I fell into a cliff and then woke up inside Sir Bronn's house. According to him, he found me near the shore and it's a miracle that I was alive.

Time passed, I've finally learned how to live at Thalussa village as fish vendor. Because I owed Sir Bronn for saving my life, I decided to help him sell his fish in the market. It's not hard to do since I was raised by mercenary that sell all kinds of commodity everywhere. Soon, our life starting to change until Sir Bronn suddenly died while I was outside. Because he had no wife or children, the house he owned was left to me through his letter. He mentioned that if there's something happened to him, everything will be left to me. While reading his letter, I couldn't help but cry, as he's so kind to me.

Eight years had passed and something happened to my life. When I was heading back to my house, my eyes found a boy who might be 8 years old in age. He's sitting at the side of the road and even he looked messy, I can easily tell that he's something else as he wore an expensive clothes with a house insignia that confirmed that he came from Noble family.

"What's your name and how old are you?" I asked as I crouched down while looking at his dark-green eyes. Even he's still young, I could tell that he's going to make ladies cry.

"Damian and I am 8." He replied while looking away. I knew that he's hiding something amd since I understand his circumtances, I didn't ask anything else and just asked him if he wants to stay with me. I thought it's would be hard to convince him, but it didn't take long before he agreed.