Chapter 9 - long-lost sister?

"Did you do that to provoke her?" Leon asked

"You can say that. Anyway, something have changed about her, right?" I don't know but the moment I saw her today, there's a drastic change on her aura specially when she snapped.

"I am not sure but if there's someone who can tell, then it must be you." He said, he must be referring to the short moment we spent during the exams.

"By the way, have you figured it out why His Majesty send Knights at the Cavus Village?" I asked.

Three days ago, just like Leon, I felt a powerful magic that I've never felt before. I thought I must be mistaken but when Leon told me that His Majesty called an emergency meeting, I therefore conclude that I was correct.

But who have released that kind of power?

"Yeah. But there's nothing to report aside from the fact that the Cave had been taken care of."

"What about the dead people?" I asked because I've heard from father that there were number of dead found outside the Cave.

"All died from poison but from where, they  still don't know yet. What surprising is, the Lord don't want to disclose anything about the guild that subjugated that Cave because the leader forbids him to do and it's written on their contract. If the Lord fails to fulfill the contract, the leader might ask for his title as compensation. And whose Nobles, stupidly do that?" He said as he crossed his arms.

"That's quite the conundrum." I said

"Yeah and the funny thing is, the Holy Church and the Magic Tower send few of their people to check the area too. Imagine the shock of the villagers after they saw those White-Armor and Black-Robed People." He added until my mind suddenly came back to Edrei.

I know it's still early to say but there must be a connection of what just happened few days ago and the drastic change to her power.

"They probably felt that too. They were curious just like His Majesty. Anyway, is there anything that we can't do to know which guild it is?" I asked as they said that there's nothing in the entire kingdom, that the Crown Prince couldn't do.

I can actually use my connection too but I don't want my big brother to know. He's very strict and perfectionist, always reminding me to do the right thing.

"I will try what I can do, but you know, it's so surprising that the guild put that particular 'clause' on the contract. Do they don't like recognition?" He asked as I pondered the same!

"Maybe they don't want to put themselves in a danger situation. More than a reward, they must be more concerned about their life." I stated

"Maybe, anyway, do you want to stay here?" He asked

"Do you?" Because if he likes then maybe I will.

"Yeah."

"Alright, then let's go." I said before we walk toward the boy's room.