Chapter 25 - the mirror portal

"So the mother and daughter, have finally reunited

"So the mother and daughter, have finally reunited." Damian remarked.

Eversince Edrei excused herself to follow Ainee, he knew exactly what's gonna happen, thus exited the room to breathe some fresh air.

"He knew?" Edrei asked her mother with a surprised expression.

"Yes, but he figured it out by himself since my reaction when I first saw you was a dead give away." She explained before asking her if there's a problem with it but Edrei just shrugged it off.

"Does it mean that he's my cousin?" She asked but Ainee immediately shakes her head.

"I found him 8 years ago and decided to take him in and eversince that day we've been together." She said earning a shy nod from Edrei.

"That's a very kind of you." Edrei told her with a smile.

When they entered the room, the three quickly inquired what happen to the two of them, until Edrei dropped the bomb.

"Seriously?" Owen asked in wide eyes.

"So you're my Dad's sister? I am Nath, please to meet you Aunti." Nath happily greeted before Ainee wrapped her arms around his body.

"I'm sorry for not contacting your father but I truly miss him. So how's he? Still travelling to different places?" Ainee asked.

"Sometimes but only in Saphira. He's very busy managing his Pub and Guild so I don't think he has time to travel anymore." He informs and to her astonishment.

"Really? That's great.." Before she turned her attention to Prince Leon who's looking at her intently

"You have my outmost gratitude Prince Leon and Lord Owen, for helping us and healing all the injured. If you didn't come so soon, I don't know if we could survive this night."

"That gratitude should be belong to your daughter, Ma'am. To what I've heard Edrei stood up against one of the Commanders just to fight for the villagers' right." Leon said.

"Well, at this moment, I don't think it surprises me anymore!" Owen remarks before looking at Edrei who was pouting adorably.

"I can't help it! He's a jerk and shouldn't be called Commander!"

"Language Edrei! Even if you despise the man, you still have to respect him out of his position as a Commander. Remember, even you are powerful, people won't recognize and respect you if you can't do the same to others." Damian said and to everyone's surprised specially Edrei. The way he spoke, it seems that he's not a simple villager that catch fish for a living.

"Yeah, I admit I went too far. I disrespected him in front of everyone which I shouldn't." She said in worried expression as she doesn't know how to correct her mistake.

"Actually, Sir Galahad is well-known for despising the commoners even he's not a Knight yet. According to Noir, my father's attendant, his parents and older siblings were persecuted by group of commoners leaving him alone. And that's the reason why he has that kind of hatred towards commoners." Leon explained before Edrei sighed deeply. This cycle of hatred won't end if he keeps his pride so high that no one could reach it. "Did he ever ask himself why his family was persecuted?" She asks Leon.