Chapter 27 - the trial {part 1}

Three days later, everything seemed fine as if nothing happened, until those Blue Robes Men appear right before my eyes

"I greet His Highness the Crown Prince and Young Lord Silva-Vermillion and may the God's blessing be upon you. I am Tristan of the Supreme Court and we're here to arrest the girl named Edrei for interrogation." He greets in respectful way and even he says it loud and clear, it's still baffling me as why they have to arrest her!

"Interrogate for what?" Owen asked roughly while shielding Edrei with his body. He's quite fast and if he didn't do it, I probably might have as being arrested by the highest court of the Kingdom is totally bad news, makes my skin crawl.

"Yeah, what gave you the right to do that to her? Did she do something wrong?" Nath asked in agitation.

Soon, students start swarming and snooping around the hallway, making me scowl in annoyance.

"Answer that question." I order as I'm on edge now.

"I am afraid, I can't do that Your Highness as I received an strict order directly from the Highest Court and that is to bring Ms. Edrei to the Supreme Council whatever it takes." He replied without hesitation yet I couldn't discern any animosity through his voice.

"How dare you to answer like that to the Crown Prince!" Owen lashed out which agitates me as well. Even they are here under direct order from the Supreme Court, I'm still above them when it comes to authority. And not answering my question is an insult to His Majesty.

"It's fine Owen. I'll go." Edrei suddenly butt in and to my bewilderment! The way she said those in calm manner, makes me wonder if she's out of her mind or something!

"Edrei, you can't do this! I can't allow you to go with them!" Owen responded in wide eyes and you can't blame him though. Like I said, being invited by the Supreme Court is a bad news and Owen technically is afraid for her sake.

"Owen, don't be ridiculous. Do you think they can harm me? Don't worry, I'll be just fine." She whispers to his ear before her eyes turn to my way.

"Leon? You have a lot of work to do." She stated before turning to Nath.

"Nath, I trust you as much as I trust these two, so don't disappoint me." She told him before turning around and walks away along with those Blue Robes men.

"Now what? Is it really wise to let them take her away like that?" Owen asked after 5 minutes had passed.

"Owen, I know it's so frustrating but something piqued me. Have you seen how calmer she was? I'm not sure but I think she's up to something." I said before sighing deeply as I tried to figure out her parting words for me.

"Come on, let's get out of here, now." I spoke.

"I don't think I can attend to my classes, after what happened." Nath mutteres.