Chapter 14 - the punishment

"Now tell me, who was the mastermind behind this scheme?" Headmaster Sirius asked while looking at the four who were utterly guilty of their wrongdoing

After they left the Cavus Village, they thought that they will arrive at the Academy, on the night of the 2nd day of their off (Magic Academy's students have two (2) days off and five (5) days classess in a week) enabling them to attend their class on the next day, but unfortunately, they arrived late and missed 2 days classes. And as rule and regulation, the professors have to report all the students that were absent in their class to the Headmaster.

"It's me, Headmaster. I was the one who encouraged them to leave the Academy without permission. So please spare them as I am willing to accept all the punishment that you as the Headmaster of this Academy see fit." Edrei said, that sent the three into complete bewilderment.

For her, she's the only one who should be punished because it's all her ideas. The boys haven't done anything wrong so it's only fair that they won't receive punishment.

"But Edrei, we do this together." Leon told her in an angry manner because he's worried about the severity of the punishment. In his mind, he's afraid that the Academy will kicked her out.

"Yes, I agreed with Leon." Owen seriously said while looking at her. For him, it's not fair that she's the only one to blame and be punished.

"Edrei is this really, what you want? If you already made up your mind, then I will support you." Nath calmly said as he already knew her. Once she made up her mind, nobody can do anything to change it.

"Yes. And I'll be happy if you three would accept that (she actually want to tell them to keep their mouth shut, but since they are in the presence of the Headmaster, she couldn't say anything so harsh). Leon, Owen and Nath, we are friends and it will be forever. Whatever my punishment I'd receive, I can assure you that I will be fine. So, don't worry." She told them as she returned her gaze to the Headmaster who was observing the interaction of the four. 

"Alright, since she admitted and willingly accepted the consequences of her actions, I will now deliver my verdict to you Edrei. As the Headmaster of this Academy, your punishment for breaking one of the rules of the Academy is—— you will be my assistant for a whole year."

"What!" She exclaimed in disbelief, she thought will be kicked out, but no!

"Heck yeah!"

"Is that it?"

"I don't think, you can call that as punishment."

Owen, Leon and Nath commented simultaneously.

"What? Was that a bit light?" Headmaster Sirius asked.