Chapter 12 - it's a Curse

The next day, I woke up feeling better

The next day, I woke up feeling better. And I still couldn't believe that I survived the night without waking up.

And I'm sure that it's all because of Igneus who didn't leave my side.

"I am ready." I told him.

Soon, my feet move at a brisk pace toward the gate without anyone noticing us.

Igneus' power is really amazing!

Once I saw that the guard isn't looking, I quickly open the door without making any sound.

Phew

"I did it!" I mumbled in happiness.

As I walk towards the market, I suddenly remember Uncle William.

"Do you want to visit Uncle William, little guy?" I asked him, giving me a soft purr in return, which means yes.

"Then let's give him a surprise visit." I said before entering the food store.

"Miss can you give me a 4 boxes of dried meat." I told to the cashier. She suddenly look at me because I am wearing only commoner's clothes, until I remember that Nath was with me when I bought dried mean on this store before. She probably assumes that I have no money to pay.

"How much all, Miss?" I asked before placing 1 gold coin on the desk.

It's probably enough.

"Ohhh, this would be enough, Ma'am." She chirped and added that she will prepare the boxes in a jiffy.

"Thank you for buying and come back again." The cashier said in happiness.

"Sure." I replied before I make my way to Uncle William's Pub/INN.

And because I want to surprise him, I decided to use Igneus' Power.

"Are you sure?" Uncle William asked to the man in front of him. He looks quite troubled and I figured that they might talking about a serious matter.

"Yes" the man answered that I assume came from a Noble Family.

"But I made sure that everything is fine before we left the village, so how come that they will blame my guild for everything that's happening there, right now?" He asked through gritted teeth.

He sure is furious, but why?

What's happening?

Blaming the guild??

Does it concern with our first mission?

"I can't answer that Guild Master, I just came here to deliver this message. The Lord ordered that if the situation gets worse, he will seek retribution." The man replied and that's quite terrifying.

Soon, the two parted ways and I decided to leave as well because it seems like Uncle William isn't in the right mood to talk.

"Where have you been?" Owen asked after I successfully enter the Academy without problem.