Chapter 24 - please don't leave me again

While listening, I couldn't stop but wonder of how he could speak with the King without being nervous

I mean, I know the King is a calm person, but still it puzzled me. Specially, how I witnessed the Knight before who got so tense while delivering only a news.

"Why you're staring at him?"

"Stop being nosy Owen. Anyway, have you finally recovered?" I asked since he just took a break after healing many villagers, and still not yet done. If only I could help, but doing it will exposed me and Igneus. Besides all the remaining injured were not so serious.

"Not quite." He replied before shutting his eyes.

"Your Majesty, forgive my intrusion but I have something to deliver from the Magic Tower." The knight said before handing over the scroll to the King. As I hear his news, I know already what is it all about.

"I have to head back at the Palace. The Great Mage is calling for a meeting, so I must return now." The King informs and the way he looks as seems like he's asking for our consideration.

"It's fine Your Majesty, we're about to finish anyway." Owen replied with respect.

"I know but the villagers must be addressed about my proposal. They have to decide immediately since this place must be emptied to start the renovation."

"Father, as the Crown Prince I will do it. I will talk to the villagers on your behalf." Leon said.

"Thank you Son." The King replied before he looks at me and smile.

"Thank you Young Lady. If you didn't speak bravely in front of everyone, I would probably follow what Sir Galahad had suggested. You opened up my eyes and I truly appreciate what you did. By the way are you and my son a kind of thing?" He asked all of the sudden, making me and Leon choked up at the same time.

"What? No father! We're just friends!" Leon blurted out with scowl on his face.

"Is that so. Forgive my mistake since I've noticed how you two seem very close with each other."

"Owen and Nath are my friends too, your Majesty." I inform with respect even he's being playful in front of us.

Wow! I didn't know that he's kind of nosy too.

"Well, you're all still young so just cherish every moment of this before you enter the adulthood." He added.

"Dad, I think you better go now or you might be late." Leon told him with hint of annoyance. The King seems understand what he said and nod with him and smile.

"Alright, I'll go now them and be careful on way back."

After he left, Owen, Nath and Leon go back where they left off while I decided to go to a place that is quite and inconspicuous