2. Quite Strong

Now that we don't talk / Otto Hightower Out now!

Burn the Ships / Viserys Targaryen / Larys Strong out Now!

"Why does my brother have black hair?"

Alicent wanted to laugh. A bastard. Rhaenyra had a son and it was a bastard. She had to see for herself how foolish Rhaenyra was.

"Lets go meet him." Alicent offered holding out her hand for Daelia. Daelia grabbed her hand as they walked. Criston walked two paces behind them and saw Daelia smile back at him multiple times.

When they got to Rhaenyras chambers Alicent stared down at Jaecaerys. She looked to Daelia as she gave a tug on Alicents dress and whispered.

"Weird right?"

"Congratulations Rhaenyra." Alicent said stiffly. "Although I dont think any can compare to Daelia". Alicent remarked running a hand through Daelias hair. Rhaenrya gave them a tight lipped smile as Alicent ushered Daelia out.

"Why does he look like that?" Daelia asked. "Is he sick?"

"No. Hes..." alicent glanced at Harwin Strong. Rhaenyras sworne sword. "Im sure he is quite Strong." Alicent countered.

"But his hair." Daelia brought her hand up swirling a lock of her own hair. "It's so dark."

"Yes." Alicent agreed.

+

Rhaenyra avoided Daelia and took to her boys as though they were the whole damn world.

Daelia bounced little Daeron in her arms confused as she touched his silver hair. 

"Something wrong princess?" Criston asked seeing Daelia deep in thought. She looked up to him before looking at Daeron again.

"Is Ali my mother?" Daelia asked and Criston offered a small smile as he sat beside her on the floor.

"No. But she does love you." Criston remarked.

"But my mother doesnt love me." Daelia informed him. "She doesnt care. Is it because im a girl?" Daelia exclaimed.

"You are perfect". Criston countered.

"Then why does she hate me?" Daelia whispered putting Daeron back in his crib.

"She could never hate you. No one could". Criston assured.

"She does". Daelia corrected and Criston saw the hurt in her eyes as she stared down at Daeron. "And why is jace and lukes hairs so black? Is she mad I dont look like them? Im a girl and my hair is white!" Daelia demanded. "Is something wrong with me?!" Criston pulled Daelia to him and she curled up into his lap.

"You are perfect. It is Rhaenyra that is the problem." Criston assured. "There is nothing absolutely nothing wrong with you Daelia".

She didnt know how long she sat there cristons chin on her head his hand moving soothingly over her back as she listened to the beat of his heart. It calmed her down and made her even more certain that Criston was the man she was going to marry one day.

+

Daelia liked her father Laenor. He didnt have the same hatred of her that Rhaenyra did.

"Theres my girl". Laenor declared hugging her tight. "Look at you so tall already. Qarl you remember my daughter dont you?" Daelia looked past Laenor to a knight

"Hello princess. Lovely to see you again". Daelia nodded politely as Laenor hugged her tight.

"Big name day coming up. "Laenor told her. "Ten. Double digits!" He declared and Daelia laughed out.

"Thats silly" she countered

"Yes but this is Ten!" Laenor declared. "Thats huge."

"Really? Why?" Daelia asked

"Because every year for my first born little angel is a big year". Laenor countered.

"Ser criston and I were going to go for a ride". Daelia remarked.

"Wonderful might I join you?" Laenor asked running his hands through her hair. Although Daelia liked the alone time to try and woe criston she loved her father and was happy for him to join. She also liked that he loved her brothers but he seemed to love her most.

"I wanted to thank you." Laenor remarked stiffly. Criston and him had gotten off on the wrong foot many years ago but Laenor knew how much Daelia adored Criston. "For looking after Daelia. She writes fondly about her time riding with you. "

"She is a wonderful girl". Criston informed him.

"I know Rhaenyra... "!laenor let out a tight breath. "I thank you for your kindness to her".

"Of course". Criston assured as he hopped up on his horse. "Ready princess?"

"Race ya!" Daelia declared taking off.

"Fast one she is." Laenor remarked giving his heels a tap and reigns a slap taking off after them.

Daelia loved riding. She was quite good too. She had a dragon, it was white. All white and shimmered in the sun but she couldnt ride Light yet without permission and guidance and Criston couldnt ride with her yet so she spent more time riding her horse.

Daelia pulled on Doves reigns bringing her to a stop. She beamed back at them as they came up behind her.

"I think you won." Criston remarked

"Nonsense I never specifically told you where we were racing. The rules were not clear therefore there is no winner". Daelia informed them. Laenor chuckled as daelia smiled back at them.

"A Sweetheart you are". Laenor remarked.

"Oh Dove was learning a new trick". Daelia declared. Laenor looked to her horse all white with a black mane and a black spot on the rump that looked like a dove mid flight. "We were doing barrel jumps and then log jump when we broke too many barrels". Daelia informed them but Dove is great now. She assured looking around. "Right there!" She pointed to a fallen tree. "Ready to see how high she jumps its really impressive." Daelia remarked

"Ready sweetie". Laenor agreed. Daelia looked to criston ready to impress him with her skills and how mature she was before turning Dove around and they took off. 

"That was wonderful!" Criston declared.

"Yes grand!" Laenor agreed. Daelia smiled back at them as she ran a hand over Doves mane.

"We were doing weaving and-" her smile disappeared as a scream expelled from her lips.

"Daelia!"