3. Caught a Princess

"Daelia!" Criston declared as Dove bucked and Daelia went flying off. They darted towards her leaping from the horses only to see a blade at Daelias neck.

"Caught a princess. "

"Give us your gold and swords and horses and we might not kill her".

"Criston". Daelia whimpered. He took a step forward raising up his hands

"Dont hurt her. You can have whatever you want. Just dont hurt her". Criston said taking slow steps to her. Her jaw chattered nervously as a heavy breath was stuck in her lungs. She looked between criston and laenor.

"Its okay Daelia". Laenor assured.

The men chuckled looking at the fine leath on the horses saddles the golden inlay in their clothes.

"Take her for a spin first though. Cant let a fresh cunt go to waste".

"Cri-Cr-Criston". Daelia stuttered out as he slowly got closer and closer

"Drop the weapons!" They demanded putting the blade to Daelias neck tighter a hand fisted around her hair she whimpered out her lip trembling.

"D-Daddy..."

"Its okay baby. Its all going to be okay". Laenor assured. Daelia looked to acriston as her vision became blurry with tears.

"Cr-Cr-Cr-" Daelia stuttered closing her eyes and she felt hot tears drip down her cheek along her neck. Hitting the blade threatening to slit her throat.

"Dont hurt her". Criston repeated.

Criston slowly pulled his blade out locking eyes with Laenor and a single nod was shared. Daelias eyes stayed closed expecting a certain death she felt the blade fall from her neck the grip loosen on her hair as swords clashed together moans ans groans but she clamped her eyes shut still not wanting to see not wanting to know what was coming. She jumped her hands flying up to cover her face when a hand touched her arm

"Daelia. Its okay". Criston whispered and she finally opened her eyes. "Im right here. I got you." She looked at the dead bodies around them as she clung to Criston sobbing into him.

"Oh Daelia," Laenor whispered kissing her forehead as she refused to let go of criston he hugged her tight. "Sweetie are you alright?" She nodded every so slightly.

"Can you check on Dove?" She whispered. "I think they scared her too".

"Of course sweetie of course". Laenor agreed.

Criston kept an arm around Daelia as they went back to the castle. Laenor led Dove back. Criston felt the shaky breath rattle against her chest with every breath.

"You were so brave". Criston whispered resting his chin on her shoulder

"I was so scared". Daelia countered.

"Brave". Criston told her again kissing her cheek.

"What would have happened if you weren't-"

"But I was. Your father too". Criston reminded

"But what if-" he kissed her cheek again as she tipped her head into him.

"You never have to find out. Because im right here". Criston reminded her.

"Always?"

"Always." He confirmed.

Rhaenyra tried to be a good mother and check on Daelia but no one had told her what had happened for hours and she hadnt checked on Daelia because she couldnt bare to look at her most days.