7. Joff

"Its coming Daelia."

"Yeah I know," she agreed glancing back at harwin. "What are you doing here ser harwin?"

"Your brothers wanted to pick out an egg for your new sibling." Harwin answered.

"Why are you here?" Daelia question again. Criston chuckled he didnt try to hide it. He loved how daelia sassed harwin.

"I was going to help -"

"Dont you have more important things to do commander?" Daelia questioned. Harwin tensed. He knew that daelia wasnt a fan of him. Knew that daelia loved criston so no doubt criston was turning her against him too.

"Its not everyday an egg-"

"Ser criston can handle it." Daelia assured dismissing harwin. Criston held back hearty laugh.

''Keep breathing.''

Rhaenyra gasped for breath as she pushed and pushed. Her breathing rapid.

''The head!'' another midwife declared kneeling between Rhaenyra's legs. Rhaenyra kept pushing, moaning and groaning in agony but it was almost done, it had to be.

''A boy, Princess.''

''Praise the Mother!'' The baby's cries rang out.

"Ahh." They placed the boy in Rhaenyra's arms, she smiled down at him, another boy. "Healthy?"

" Kicking like a goat, Princess."

"You didn't have to send him away," jace remarked.

"But I did." Daelia corrected "you will understand when you are older." Jace groaned.

"I hate that answer."

"I know." Daelia agreed.

''A boy. I've just heard.' Laenor said happily

''Yes.'' Rhaenyra said through pained breaths.

''Well done. Where are you going?''

''She wants to see him.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''Now? I'm coming with you.''

''I should hope so.'' Rhaenyra countered

''Let me take him.'' Laenor offered

''No, she'll get no such satisfaction from me. Just take my arm, at the least.''

"Im bored." Luke yawned out.

"Lets find an egg so we stop being bored."  Daelia suggested. Criston smiled as daelia linked her fingers with his. Daelia spun into him her feet kicking up dirt as criston twirled her around. Jace glanced back at daelia and criston.

"Help me Jace!" Luke declared "Daels!" Daelia reluctantly pulled away from criston. She helped him pull the egg free.

"Perfect!" Daelia declared. "You can get it back to mother right? I wanted to see grandmother." Daelia remarked.

"I shall accompany you." Criston agreed

"You better." Daelia declared

''Rhaenyra! You should be resting after your labors.'' Alicent declared

''I have no doubt that you would prefer that, Your Grace.'' Rhaenyra seethed

''You must sit. Talya, fetch a cushion for the Princess.'' Alicent instructed and a cushion was placed on the couch for her and Rhaenyra sat with a groan.

''What happy news this morning.'' Viserys declared moving forward a smile on his withered and sickly face.

'Indeed, Your Grace.'' Laenor remarked.

''Where is he? Where is my grandson? There. There he is. Oh.'' Viserys took him from Rhaenyra and held him up. ''A fine Prince. Sturdy. You will make a fearsome knight.'' Viserys told her and Rhaenyra couldn't help but smile but daelia came walking in.

"Grandmother I was thinking-" daelia silenced herself.

''Yes, you will.'' Viserys added softly to the babe.

"Oh..." daelias lips pursed

"My girl! My darling girl!" Laenor declared moving to her. "Meet your new brother!" Daelia moved to her father. Laenor held her.

''Does the babe have a name yet?'' Alicent questioned.

''We haven't spoken...'' Rhaenyra began as Laenor spoke up

'Joffrey. He'll be called Joffrey.'' Laenor told them proudly.

"Thats cute." Daelia offered. "Little Joffy, hi Joffrey..." laenor kissed her forehead as she smiled back at joffrey.

'That's an unusual name for a Velaryon.'' Alicent remarked gently. Daelia moved to the babe and reached out her arms.

"Might I hold him grandfather?"

"Of course my dear." Viserys agreed passing him off.  ''I do believe he has his father's nose.'' Viserys offered with a chuckle. Alicent looked at the little black hairs on Joffrey's head while daelia looked to Laenor. ''Don't you?'' Viserys offered.

"No." Daelia answered honestly. "I dont see it." Alicent failed at covering her laugh.

''If you don't mind, Your Grace, your daughter has exerted herself heroically and should rest.'' Laenor offered pulling his gaze from Daelia staring at undoubtably his nose.

''Of course.'' Viserys agreed.

"Here you go father." Daelia passed him off and laenor was glad he finally got to hold his son.

''Well done, my girl.'' Viserys kissed her cheek ''I do hope the labor was easy.''

''I think I called the midwife a cսոt.'' Rhaenyra remarked softly.

''Do keep trying, Ser Laenor'' Alicent whispered. ''Sooner or later, you may get one who looks like you.'' She offered before turning to daelia. "Did you need something my sweet?"

"I did but I forgot." Daelia admitted. She stopped asking if something was wrong with her siblings and realized that something was wrong with her mother.

"Probably just missed me?" Alicent hoped.

"Probably." Daelia agreed.

"My sweet girl are you coming with us?" Laenor questioned.

"I will come with you." Daelia agreed. "If I can hold little Joff."