15. In the Stars

Different kind of beautiful / Larys Strong/ Vaera Targaryen out now!

"It's so beautiful, you dont get to see this from the capital." Daelia remarked as they stared up at the stars.

"Laena and I used to sit out here and make up stories about the constellations." Laenor remarked, he lifted his hand from the sand and traced out a constellation. "What do you think about that one?"

"It looks like a... lion." Daelia remarked.

"Leo." Laenor agreed.

"Leo the lion." Daelia offered. Laenor nodded grabbing her hand. "Aunt Laena's body might be in the sea but her soul is in the stars flying around with Leo."

"Thank you baby girl." Laenor whispered kissing her temple.

"Do you hear that?" Daelia questioned.

"I do actually." Laenor agreed sitting up. Then he saw a figure running towards them. He grabbed his sword from beside them and raised it, blinking away his tears.

"DAELIA?" Criston shouted.

"Criston?" Daelia questioned confused by his urgency.

"Daelia!" Criston hesitated when he saw Laenor's blade pointed at him. "There was an incident," Criston remarked glancing to Laenor's blade and back again. Laenor put it down as Daelia stepped forward. "I was worried when I couldnt find you." Criston added, wrapping his arms around daelia.

"I was safe." Daelia assured, savoring his arms around her.

"What happened?" Laenor countered.

"It's prince Aemond... he... your brothers..." Criston stumbled over his words.

"What did they do now?" Daelia groaned.

"They stabbed his eye."

''It was an ugly thing. I regret it.''

''We play an ugly game. And now, for the first time, I see that you have the determination to win it.'' Otto countered.

''Rhaenyra...'' Alicent began her gaze shifting up to her father.

''You see her for what she is.'' Otto told her.

''What the King's stubbornness has wrought. What will he say to me?'' Alicent said miserably.

''He'll forgive you. What else can he do? Now go to him, be penitent, plead the injury to your son. Keep a grip on your passions. And I promise you, in time, you and I together will prevail.''

''What that rogue Aemond has done in winning Vhagar to our side.''

''The boy was right. It's worth a thousand times the price he paid.'' Otto agreed. "Now all you need is Daelia."

"Daelia?"

"She is the heir's heir." Otto agreed. "We wed her to Aegon-"

"Aemond has his heart set on her." Alicent corrected.

"Fine." Otto agreed indifferently. "We wed them and when the time comes-"

"Aemond!" Daelia declared. "What the- Gods your eye!" Daelia took a step back.

"I'm okay." Aemond assured. "It hurts like hell but..."

"Oh my... you lost your eye."

"It was taken from me." Aemond countered stiffly. His jaw clenched but it hurt, pulling at his stitches.

"Did Jace do this? How? Why?" Daelia demanded.

"It was Luke."

"LUKE?"

Daelia ran off and Aemond deflated as if she stole all the air from the room with her.

''You will scar, but the wound will heal. Valyrian steel cuts clean.'' Maester kelvyn informed her.

''Gods. Is everyone all right?'' Laenor said entering the room, he had been in the waters with Daelia since his sisters send off.

''A broken nose is the worst." Maester Kelvyn remarked.

"Luke you took Aemonds eye!" Daelia shouted marching in behind Laenor.

"I didnt meant to! He was going to kill Jace!" Luke shouted. "Dont hate me Daelia!"

"Little killer." Daelia whispered shaking her head as he hugged her. Daelia looked flabbergasted to her father. Laenor didnt know what to say or do. "Why are you bleeding?" Daelia noticed Rhaenyra's arm.

"Your beloved grandmother attacked me." Rhaenyra informed her.

"Alicent? Never. You must have provoked her." Daelia countered. Rhaenyra clenched her fist and Laenor stepped between them, his eyes narrowing on Rhaenyra to stand down.

'' Thank you, maester." Rhaenrya bit out. "Leave us.'' Rhaenyra requested ''You as well. You've already found enough trouble today.''

''Yes, Mother." Luke agreed softly. "Daelia I didnt mean to-" Luke added as Daelia urged them out. Criston was waiting for them in the hall.

''I should've been there.'' Laenor remarked softly.

''Those should be our house words.'' Rhaenyra agreed.

''I have fought dreadful enemies, but I could not defend my dear sister far from home and in agony. I could not defend you.''

''Sit down. Aemond called our sons bastards.'' Rhaenyra informed him and Laenor sighed as he sat.

''I have failed you, Rhaenyra. Our marriage... I tried. Our boys... I do love them.'' Laenor told him knowing the truth behind the words. "But Daelia, mayhaps I loved her most-"

''I know.'' Rhaenyra assured. "We all know your love for her."

'Can you stay?" daelia questioned. Criston chuckled sitting on the edge of her bed. "Never know whats going on outside the castle. I think tonight proved that."

"I could stay for a while." Criston agreed.

"You were really worried about me." Daelia remarked.

"I was. PRince Aemond lost an eye and I couldnt find you, thought I lost you." Criston remarked. Daelia smiled sheepishly. She reached out touching his shoulder.

"You could never lose me. I'm going to marry you one day."

+

"Your mother requested I return to the capital."

"What! NO!" Daelia demanded.

"The-"

"NO! We already had this discussion. I will-"

"I dont think she will as easily convinced." Criston countered. Daelia marched off. "Daelia-"

"No." Daelia demanded. Daemon glanced to her as Rhaenyra put distance between them. "No. We had this talk, I dont go anywhere without him."

"Him who?" Daemon questioned looking over Daelia more closely.

"Stay out of it, old man." Daelia hissed.

"Daelia!" Rhaenyra shouted, appalled.

"You will not ruin my life!"