20. Touching You Would Cost

One touch would never be enough. Daelia smiled back at Aemond as she sat down beside him but her mind was focused elsewhere. She did like Aemond, he was sweet and doting and wanted to please her always. Those were good traits to have in a husband. But he wasnt criston. 

"Daelia..." Aemond whispered his face close to hers. "Helaena and mother are having a party in the gardens to celebrate-"

"Why are you whispering?" daelia questioned. 

So I can be close to you, breathe you in, Aemond thought pathetically. 

"I dont know." He leaned back. "I... they are having a little gathering-"

"Is it a gathering or a party? Those are very different." Daelia informed him. 

"It's more of a gathering for Helaena's baby moon." Aemond remarked. 

"Oh lovely." Daelia agreed getting up. Aemond slumped into the table. "Are you coming Aemond?" She reached out a hand for him and Aemond shot up running to her. 

When Aemond had his eye viciously stolen from him he was gifted a sapphire the size of a walnut to place in the concave where his eye once sat. He kept an eye patch over his eye. He didnt want scare anyone but when he was alone he removed his eye patch and fiddled with the sapphire. Aemond liked that Daelia and him were both bound with Sapphires. 

Daelia never took off her gifts from her father and Aemond was always sporting his under his eye patch. They matched. Another reason Aemond knew they were perfect together. 

"You are glowing, I heard thats what people say about pregnant woman." Daelia admitted. 

"It's the heat." Helaena corrected. 

"Where is the food?" Daeron declared shuffling up to them. "No cookies? This is bull-"

"Daeron!" Alicent scolded. 

"Sorry mum," Daeron grumbled. 

"To Helaena!" Daelia declared lifting a glass. 

"To Helaena!" 

"For putting up with Aegon that much she deserves a reward." Daelia added, Helaena chuckled nodding. She really did. 

"Shouldnt Aegon be here?" Daeron questioned taking a sip of his drink and promptly spitting it back into his cup. "Something is wrong with his juice." Daeron informed them seriously. 

"It's wine." Alicent agreed. Daeron took another sip spitting it out again. 

"It's gross, why does Aegon guzzle this stuff?" Daeron countered. 

"Oh Daeron," Daelia chuckled hugging him. "Never lose your innocence."

Daelia retired for the night and Aemond kissed her cheek before bidding her goodnight. Daelia waved back at him as he headed to his own chambers, he smiled back at her from his own door. She waited until he was inside before pulling Criston into her chambers. 

"Dont you dare push me away." Daelia commanded. 

"Wouldn't dream of it" Criston assured. 

They collided in a torrent of greed. Mouths and tongues and spirits that no longer knew how to exist without the other. They spun, gripping at each other, desperate to erase every inch of space as Criston kissed her. Kissed her with a madness that burned him to the soul.

 This woman who'd scored herself into the places that Criston wasn't supposed to let her go. Because he knew what he brought into the lives of the people he cared about. He knew the price they both would have to pay. And Criston Cole should have known what touching her would cost...

What touching Princess Daelia Velaryon would cost.