12. Dictatorship

Sit Still Look Pretty / Tywin Lannister out now!

"We are going to dragonstone". Daelia remarked softly as she finished packing up.

"I dont know that... your mother informed me." Criston agreed. 

"Have you packed yet? Can you help me close this trunk?" Daelia questioned, Criston moved to her, pushing down the lid and she clasped it. 

"I have not packed." Criston countered cautiously, Daelia turned to him confused. 

"Well hurry up, mother is being a monster and-"

"You mother wants me to stay here-"

"NO!" Daelia shrieked. "You are my friend- my guard!" Daelia corrected holding onto him. He smiled holding onto her as she latched her arms around his waist. "You have to come." She looked up at him, big beautiful violet eyes staring back at him. "You have to, please, you want to come dont you?" Daelia whimpered. 

"I want to be wherever you are." Criston assured. "But I just dont-"

"Let me handle my mother." Daelia begged. "I can't never see you again." 

"Dont tell me you are upset about Ser Harwin leaving." Alicent mused as Daelia marched, peering around for her parents. 

"No, I'm glad he is gone. He was idiotic and foolish." Daelia snapped. Alicent, surprised hesitated before following her onward. "I'm sorry, that was rude but its true and I'm on a mission, Ali."

"I'm sorry, what mission, can I help you, darling?" Alicent questioned. 

"Criston is my guard but more than that, he is my friend and he is mine." Daelia reminded her. "my mother is claiming he can't come with to dragonstone but I am going to convince her otherwise... or I will make her life hell." Alicent chuckled. 

"Good luck on your mission, Daelia." Alicent agreed. Larys smirked, so he had an unknown ally in the princess, the heir. 

"Can I stay with you forever if she says no?" Daelia questioned, Alicent touched her cheek. 

"You can stay forever." Alicent agreed. "I would love that."

"Mother." 

"Are you packed?" Rhaenyra questioned. 

"I was but I unpacked." Daelia declared crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Why?" Rhaenyra countered glancing back at her. 

"I'm on strike." Daelia declared, Laenor chuckled from the doorway, he leaned against the doorframe, smiling in at her. 

"What for?" Rhaenyra countered through gritted teeth. 

"Criston Cole is coming with us." 

"No."

"This is why I'm not going to dragonstone." Daelia agreed. "I'm sure grandmother would be happy to host me for as long as needed." Daelia added loudly.  Daelia glanced to Laenor in the doorway. "You can stay too daddy." she assured. 

"Thank you, peanut." Laenor agreed. 

"NO." Rhaenyra demanded. 

"I will only come with to dragonstone if Criston is allowed to come with as well as my guard." Daelia countered. "Without him I will not go." 

"No. This is not a democracy, Daelia." 

"Well I dont like it being a dictatorship!" Daelia shouted back, thrusting her fists down at her sides, Rhaenyra groaned out looking to Laenor for back up, but she didnt get any.

"No."

'I gave you my terms." Daelia countered calmly as she turned to the door. "You will meet those terms or this is goodbye."

It would be easier to let her stay here but Rhaenyra didnt want Alicent whispering poison in Daelia's ears while they were gone and knew Laenor would never leave his perfect Daelia. 

"Fine." Rhaenyra grumbled. Daelia brought a hand to her ear leaning back towards her mother. 

"What's that?" Daelia questioned. 

"Fine." Rhaenyra barked. 

"Fine what?" Daelia sassed locking eyes with Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra saw too much of Daemon and herself even in Daelia. 

"You can bring Ser Cole with." Rhaenyra agreed, a victorious smile appeared quickly on Daelia's face, she hugged Laenor though, thanking him. Rhaenyra huffed out a breath. Daelia turned back to her mother with a wicked grin. 

"See, that wasnt so hard."