22. Picnic

Starlight / Aegon Targaryen out now!

Daelia had kept Criston at bay and wanting her for three whole days. It was working, she was going to have him forever.

"Something wrong ser Criston?" Alicent questioned.

"Nothing, your grace." He assured.

"You are usually chasing after Daelia about this time. Dont tell me you lost her." Alicent mused.

"She wanted some alone time with Aemond." Criston corrected and he tried to keep the bitter edge from his voice.

"Oh!" Alicent squealed out. "Thats wonderful!"

Criston nodded slowly, it was wonderful, for Aemond.

Aemond ran to Daelia after they descended upon the sky and landed outside the pits. He held his arms up for her, ready to help her down. He did this every time and every single time Daelia reminded him.

"I have been flying longer than you, Aemond."

"Let me help my girl, its a long way down." Aemond countered kissing her when she landed in his arms.

"You just like your arms around me." Daelia countered.

"That too." Aemond admitted. "You hungry?"

"I could eat." Daelia glanced around looking for criston it was habit he had been her guard for years, before pulling her gaze back to aemond. Her fingers linked with his as they walked. Daelia never thought her dragon Light was small until she rode beside Aemond and Vhagar.

But her little Light fury looked like a baby compared to Vhagar. But light was quick in the sky.

"Good because i got a picnic planned for us."

"Oh aemond you are such a romantic." Daelia purred.

"Im glad you think so." Aemond agreed kissing her cheek. "You know its been really nice just the two of us these past few days."

"Its always the two of us." Daelia countered.

"I meant no ser Cole." Aemond clarified. Daelia nodded slowly. "I mean i know hes your gaurd but..." aemond shrugged. Daelia wrapped his arm around her. "Im to be your husband. I should be your guard. I should be the one to protect you."

"Oh... well once you beat criston in a proper duel-"

"Why did you send him away?" Aemond cut in. "Not that im complaining." But rather he didnt want to make the same mistakes that criston clearly made that got him on daelias bad side.

"I... didnt."

"I mean," aemond glanced around.

"I did send him away but it wasnt because he did anything wrong. I just thought it best if we spent more alone time together." Daelia offered. "And im quite liking it." She added.

"Me too... here we are!" Aemond declared.

"You set up all this for us?" Daelia questioned.

"For you-" aemond ran forward and held up the rose for her. "Helaena helped me pick the very best one." Aemond admitted.

"She did a good job." Daelia agreed. "Thank you Ae," he blushed as he helped her take a seat on the blanket. "My future husband I could get used to this kind of treatment. Roses chocolate and-" she smiled as he poured the champagne into flutes. "Ahh bubbly." Daelia added clinking her glass with his. "Aemond this is so perfect."

"Only the best for my girl." Aemond agreed.

Aemond and Daelia spent the next hour talking, with the candles dwindling between them and then the mosquitoes came out and daelia started whining as she slapped at her arms.

"When might we wed?" Aemond questioned his gaze shifting to her arm as she swatted at mosquitoes then back up to her face.

"Um... soon... ish." Daelia offered with another swat. "Can we go in?"

"Yes of course." Aemond agreed jumping up. "What do mean by soon ish?" He added as they headed in.

"Well wedding planning will take literally forever to get started. From my dress to flowers and food. So many things plus our first dance as a married couple. That has to be perfect."

"We could start practicing now."

"Alright. But i warn you im good. Lets see if you can keep up."