5. Little Crush

Already Mine / Lucerys Velaryon out now!

Rhaenyra knew when she pushed out a baby girl silver hair and fair skin it wasnt Laenors but Daemons child. Just as Rhaenyra knew when she pushed out Jace and Luke that they were also not Laenors. Now she was late again.

She did the formalities with Laenor and gave him the false sense that it would be his child. He could feign ignorance. Just like the rest of the kingdoms. Laenor loved his daughter he loved all his children but his Daelia his first born held a special place in his heart. He loved when he was back from fighting in one war or another and she ran to him. He hoped that would never end that every time he came back no matter how old she got she would always run to him hug him tight as if he was the best thing in the world.

But he saw his baby girl growing up she still loved him he still hugged him but he saw the way the knights looked at her the guards as well saw the way Daelia looked back at them when they were training watching the way their muscles moved.

"Daelia love," Laenor coed pulling her attention from the men training. Criston training.

"Yeah daddy?" Daelia questioned turning to him.

"Want to go for a ride?" Laenor questioned. "Seasmoke needs the workout hes gotten chunky."

"Dont let him hear you say that." Daelia mused. "You know dragons are so temperamental."

Criston heard Daelia's voice and he smiled waving back at her. Daelia beamed gleefully. 

"Come on, you." Laenor corrected. "I got her Cole, take the afternoon off." 

"Princess?" Criston countered. 

"Maybe I see you after?" Daelia corrected hopefully. 

"Have a safe ride, Princess." Criston agreed. 

"Are you going for a ride?" aemond questioned. 

"Yep a daddy daughter date." Daelia agreed, Aemond's smile fell. 

"But we can let Aemond join us, dont you think Dael's?" Laenor offered, Aemond's smile reappeared. 

"Its up to you Daelia, no pressure or anything." Aemond assured taking a step closer. "I wouldnt want to overstep." 

"You can come, if daddy doesnt mind sharing me." Daelia corrected. 

"I dont mind sharing you with aemond." Laenor corrected hoping to veer Daelia's mind from elder men that might take advantage of her youth and title. She was the heir's heir after all. Her future husband would be a future king consort just like Laenor would be one day. 

"Come on then." Daelia agreed. 

"She has a little crush." Alicent remarked. 

"Seems so." Criston agreed softly. 

"You know your vows-"

"She is my princess, I protect her." Criston remarked. "She is also a child," Criston reminded her. 

"She won't be a child forever." Alicent countered, thinking of the age gap between her and Viserys and the gap between Criston and Daelia. It was less than Alicent's own union which she knew when the time came she wouldnt tell Daelia that it would only encourage her crush. 

"This is great Daelia!" Aemond declared as she took flight. He held tight to her as she griped the reigns. 

"Faster Light," Daelia instructed leaning forward. "Hold on, Aemond." Daelia instructed. He laughed out lifting a hand up to the clouds, Daelia smiled back at him. He was cute... she supposed. 

"I'm going to be dragon rider one day Daelia." Aemond remarked. 

"I know you are, Aemond." Daelia assured. "But maybe I like you riding with me." 

"You do?" aemond questioned eagerly. 

"I do." Daelia agreed giving him a nudge.