11. Invisible

"I propose we wed your daughter helaena to my son Jace." Rhaenyra remarked, Alicent leaned back in her chair as Rhaenyra made such Ludacris requests.

"I was thinking Daelia... to Aegon." Alicent countered. Rhaenyra twisted her lips in contemplation. She wasnt really, she loved Daelia and thought her and Aemond would be perfect together, but first born and first born and whatnot.

"Well..." Rhaenyra huffed out. 

"Food for thought." Alicent agreed. "Come husband, it is time you get some rest." Viserys nodded letting Alicent lead him out. ''How sweetly the fox speaks when it's been cornered by the hounds.'' Alicent hissed as they walked

''She is sincere.'' Viserys corrected

''She is desperate. She feels the earth washing away beneath her feet and now she expects us to ignore her transgressions and for me to marry my only daughter to one of her... plain-featured sons.''

''The proposal is a good one, my Queen.'' Viserys assured ''We're a family. Let us put aside these childish quarrels. Join hands and be stronger for it.''

''You may do as you wish, husband... when I am cold in my grave.'' Alicent hissed as she marched off.

"Grandma," Daelia declared when Alicent returned to her chambers. 

"Oh my sweet girl, what are you doing up?"

"Ali, I heard shouting and wanted to make sure you were okay." Daelia informed her honestly. 

"I'm fine... how is Ser Criston since the incident?"

"I'm tending to him." Daelia assured, straightening up. 

"My sweet girl." Alicent whispered bringing a gentle hand to her cheek. 

"I have all the gossip, but you probably already know, you want to... grandsire are you okay?" Daelia questioned.

"I'm fine." Viserys said breathlessly.

"You know better than to chase after your wife, she is much to fast for you." Daelia remarked.  Viserys sat with a sigh when he got to his chambers as Alicent put a blanket over his lap.

''I do not need the blanket...' Alicent gave it to him anyways. Daelia chuckled. 

"Let her take care of you." Daelia suggested. "She only wants what is best for you and everyone, she is a good queen." Stroking my ego, Alicent thought with a smile directed at Daelia. 

"Thank you my sweet." Alicent answered. "You should get some rest," She added. 

"I have to check on Criston again." Daelia countered. "But then I will..." 

'What my dearest?" 

"Do you want to have carrot cake later?" Daelia whispered grabbing Alicent's hand. 

"I would love that." Alicent agreed as a knock sounded on the door. 

"I will check on criston and meet you in your room!" Daelia called out pushing past Lyonel. 

"You are too sweet Daelia." Criston remarked. "I told you I'm fine."

"You were beat up." Daelia corrected. "By a gorilla they call break bones."

+

"This is the best way to end every day!" Daelia declared clinking her fork with Alicent when a knock sounded at the door. 

"Yes?" Alicent called as Daelia took a bite of cake. "Lord Larys..." 

"Your grace, princess." Daelia looked hesitantly between them. Alicent shifted in her seat before smiling over at Daelia.