13. Same Smile

Criston had never been to dragonstone before, he looked around as he offered daelia a hand off the ship. It took almost three days to get to the island.

Daelia had clung to Criston most of the journey, Rhaenyra avoided them both, staying on the opposite end of the ship.

"Are you excited?" Criston questioned as they docked.

"I liked the capital but I suppose this should be my mother land." Daelia mused. Criston chuckled.

"Your mother land."

"Yeah, what?"

"Your mother land yet you strongly dislike your mother." Criston answered.

"Well shes a problem and we all know im an angel." Daelia agreed. Criston offered her a hand out of the ship and she graciously accepted.

Criston brought his hand to the nape of her neck as they stood taking in the castle. His thumb stroking over the base of her head. Criston was looking at the beautiful architecture but Daelia was looking at him. She always was.

"Why did Daelia leave?" Daeron questioned.

"She didnt want to." Aemond assured. "She wanted to stay... with me." He added softly.

"She didnt know you existed until last year." Aegon corrected.

"Shut up!" Aemond demanded.

"I miss her, she wouldnt leave me." Daeron corrected. "She loves me most."

"She is going to marry me one day." Aemond countered.

"In your dreams." Aegon cackled out.

"I heard a rumor," Daeron remarked taking a step closer. "That you were to be wed to Helaena." Aegon's jaw dropped.

"What!"

"It's beautiful." Criston whispered. Daelia leaned into him. Rhaenyra hated how much daelia loved Criston. Laenor was fine with it. Criston protected his baby girl and doted on her like a sister. If anything Laenor liked how sweet criston was to Daelia because it pissed rhaenyra the fuck off.

"Lets go in!" Daelia declared grabbing his hand.

Daelia was excited to explore while her things were being brought in.

"I think you need the room beside mine, or! Even better idea," Daelia declared. "You could just stay with me." Criston chuckled running a hand over her back.

"I dont think your parents would agree to that."

"That wasnt a no." Daelia purred.

"Lets explore." Criston countered.

"Wow, the throne room." Daelia ran up the steps, of course she did. Rhaenyra pursed her lips, seeing Daelia up there made her think of Daemon. All those years ago when he came back into her life like a damn hurricane. The day he gave her the necklace she still refused to take off. Her fingers touched the red gems and silver Valyrian steel.

"How do I look?" Daelia questioned. She crossed one leg over the other.

"Like a queen." Criston answered.

She had the same smile as Daemon, same laugh, same determination about that hurt whenever Rhaenyra looked at her. Same bad temper as Daemon too.

"Well it will be mine one day." Daelia agreed. "Not this throne but i might as well get used to it." Daelia countered. "Queen Daelia, first of her name, ohh I got shivers, did you get shivers Criston?" Criston laughed out his eyes drifting over her, she was always the sweetest thing to him.

"There you are!" Laenor declared. "I see you found the throne, its a beauty, you look wonderful up there."

"Thank you, daddy." Daelia agreed.

"You know something special about this table?" Laenor questioned.

"What?" Daelia countered getting up.

"The table is made of stone and when you- daelia love can you grab the torches?" Laenor questioned. Daelia passed one off. "Put it under the - yep right there. Ready... one two-"

"Shit." Daelia declared as the map was revealed.

"Language." Rhaenyra demanded

" Rhaenyra demanded

"Its so beautiful." Daelia whispered.

"It looks like lava." Criston remarked touching the thin stone revealing the map. "It's beautiful."

"Wow." Luke whispered. "This is cool."

"Super cool." Daelia agreed.

"Alright we all had a long day, lets get some supper and off to bed." Rhaenyra suggested. Luke and Jace left obediently, of course they did. Of course Daelia didnt leave the table. Laenor wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"This place has a bit of magic, it won't be so bad." Laenor assured.

"If you say so." Daelia agreed as he kissed her temple.

But their trip was short lived, when Daelia woke in the morning she woke to screams. Criston was at her door and she ran into him.

"What's going on?" Daelia demanded holding onto him. "Who's screaming? Are we under attack?"

Laenor screamed falling to his knees when the news of his sisters death reached them. Rhaenyra felt a similar pang of pain rush through her when the news of the fires at Harrenhal reached them too.