Prologue

Present.

"BSAA?"

The voice was deep and British. Right away, I knew exactly who that person would be.

Personally, I had heard a lot of the man, but had not once met him in social occasions or in the field. Sounded like a great man with such reputations. People were scared of him.

I just could not believe that the dude's name was Simon Riley. Dude's name's Simon? Really?

First day back in the force, I was already delivered to another force for another business. It felt unusual. However, we did have the same target and we were pursuing the same person.

A moment after that, we arrived at the location.

"What the hell are they doing here? Should we be worried about something?"

That one was Scottish.

"Proper welcome to our guest. Good to finally see you joining us."

American that one.

Earlier Today.

"Caelith, thank you for coming to my office," the only person in the room said. "It's good to have you back."

"It's good to be back, sir, I'm at your disposal," I replied.

"How's your injury?" he asked.

Chris Redfield. The captain. The boss. The golden boy.

I was lucky and privileged to be working under him and occasionally with him. Or lack there of. It definitely built my career. Not in the way I intended it to, but I was grateful nonetheless.

"I'm cleared," I emphasised. "It's not like you don't talk to my doctor."

The captain held up an envelope that looked like it was delivered from my doctor.

"We are moving on right away," he decided. "Our guy is dead, as you know. However, his second in command took over the job and there are already people after him and we're invited."

A case file was placed in front of me. I skipped through it.

"This is not direct BOW related," I said.

"I'm assigning you with this mission to expire the current terrorist leader, Hassan Zyani who's still deploying BOW that starts outbreaks," the captain explained. "You're going to Al Mazrah and you'll leave in an hour."

I looked at him in a deadpan for a moment. He looked back at me with no guilt. I took another moment of pause. When he looked like he had nothing more to say, I nodded.

With that, I stood up and headed to the door. Not a word said.

Present

"Engaging secondaries," I informed.

I pressed the trigger and shot. In seconds, the ground was hit, covering the land in a cloud of sand and dirt.

"Good shot," the British man commented.

"Are we clear?" the Scottish proceeded.

I waited a moment.

"No movement in the area. Thank you for the assist," someone said.

"Not a problem. Going into holding pattern," I proceeded.

"Who are you?" someone asked.

"Sergeant Redfield, sir," I answered as I moved the chopper away to stand by.

"Redfield, huh?" the Scot replied. "BSAA princess out of the cage."

"More like fish out of water," I responded.

Fucking reputations. I hated it.

For a moment, they seemed to be doing fine. I doubted this... Ghost struggled in most of his mission.

"Redfield, call for fire. Target in the building in front of us. Do not level the building," someone called.

"Copy that," I confirmed.

From there, I started making my way to fulfill the request. I took a couple of necessary shots.

"Beautiful sight," the Brit said upon the impact of my shot to the building.

"Yeah, wish I see it in the mirror every morning," I flatly said.