17) Joanna

Now stepping out of the lab, I could see that the person in the lift was in fact Leon.

"Oh, would you look at that? We're sharing a mission again, apparently," Leon sighed.

"Dead, who's this?" Hunk asked.

"Leon S. Kennedy," I answered. "DSO. Former RPD."

Hunk lowered his gun before Leon copied his gesture. He stepped out of the lift just before the doors started closing.

"So, what brought you here?" Hunk asked.

"The name Dr Lana Louise rings a bell?" Leon replied.

"One of the names the captains gave us assuming to be Luxor," Simon said.

"What'd she do to you?" I asked Leon.

"Well, she was working for the president. A week ago we found that she'd stolen some classified data and disappeared," Leon sighed. "What'd she do to you?"

"You saw it upstairs," Hunk said.

Leon looked exhausted.

"Alright," Leon sighed. "So, what do we have now?"

"If it's the data that you're looking for, just go with Dead Weight and Ghost there," Hunk said.

"Actually, you might want to come anyway. There's your name here," I said.

"Uh-oh," Leon flatly hummed.

From there, Hunk returned to the infirmary while Leon walked up to the lab. He glanced at the infirmary as he passed it.

Leon and I shook hands when we got face to face.

"Seriously? Dead Weight?" Leon scoffed. "The BSAA is getting less and less creative."

"You can deliver your complaints to our website where it will get immediately deleted," I replied.

Leon turned to Simon.

"Ghost. Big scary guy," I introduced.

"Makes me feel underdress to this masquerade," Leon commented.

From there, I returned to the binders.

"To be fair, I saw the files upstairs, but that can't be all of them, is it?" Leon said.

"I doubt you've ever even looked at your own medical records, so it's gonna be even weirder for you," I said.

Leon looked through the binders I pulled.

"God, is it like finding out that you've been stalked on your way home every night?" Leon said when he read my name on the thickest binder.

"Much worse," I sighed.

"Hunk, did you take binder #13?" Simon radioed after a while.

"No," Hunk simply answered before hearing him question Pulse, "Whose binder is #13?"

"It was redacted, but it was a woman of Asian descent in her forties. There's not much information about her regarding her medical records, but she's reported to be present in a lot of bioweapons outbreaks," Pulse said.

"Was there any pictures?" Hunk continued.

"No," Pulse answered.

The radio cut off as we continued.

"Lana Louise, you said?" Simon asked Leon.

"The one, yeah," Leon confirmed.

From there, Simon dropped a folder in between Leon and I. The name said Joanna Louise and on the spine it said #0.