15) The Virus

I was familiar with the incident, but I did not know enough detail to know about this man. It was... wow.

Seeing Hunk knowing about it was not surprising to me. He worked for Umbrella at the time and I would not doubt that he knew a lot about a lot of things, especially things that went on in Raccoon City. How he still recognised him, I had no idea. To be fair, who would have a tattoo like him, anyway, and why the fuck did he not cover it up?

Oh, maybe he was the guy whose status was dead (allegedly) in the files. I only skimmed through it and I kind of regretted it now.

"Wow, that's impressive that you know all that. I'm pretty sure that's not something you could just know. Who the fuck are you? Were you there?" Billy Coen asked.

"How did you get here?" Hunk asked.

"No fucking clue," Billy answered. "I was on my way home one day and a group of people attacked me. Next thing I know, I woke up in a facility. Not really sure what happened, but I was barely awake when zombies overran the place. Made my way to this room and I've been stuck here for at least two hours."

"Your first instinct is to attack a uniformed person?" I asked.

"I didn't know you're with the goddamn BSAA," Billy said. "Now that I know you are... I doubt that you're behind all this."

"How so?" Hunk asked.

"Because Rebecca Chambers is with the BSAA," Billy said. "She's her doctor you said? Well, then, I decide to trust her now. Maybe we could cooperate?"

"We're not here for rescue," Simon stated.

"What do you mean?" Billy asked.

"That's pretty much it," Simon said.

"So, you're telling me—"

"Did you find out what they wanna do with you?" Hunk asked.

Billy sighed before saying, "Pretty sure you just said it."

"Explain," Simon pushed.

"Well, I was in Raccoon City right before they decide to wreck the damn place," Billy said. "They asked me a lot of question about it. Very interested in knowing whether I was infected."

"Were you?" I asked.

"Hell no," Billy answered.

When König and I met at some point in the middle of the room, I sighed. It seemed like we found nothing. So, from there, I returned to where Hunk was.

"Hey, girlie, mind telling this guy to put his gun away?" Billy said to me, gesturing at Simon.

"Call me girlie again, I'll knee you in the crotch," I warned.

"She won't be the only one," Simon added.

"Whatever," Billy shrugged before putting his hands down. "So, if you're not going to rescue me, how 'bout you just point me to the exit and I'll find my way out. Maybe also give me a gun seeing that I could use one?"

I looked at Hunk who paused in consideration. He, then, looked at me.

"Mind sparing your handgun?" Hunk asked.

"Sir, are you sure?" I replied.

"Technically he's a civilian regardless of his former rank," Hunk said. "Or his known status thanks to Doctor Chambers."

Billy opened his palm at me.

Scoffing, I took my gun out of my holster and cautiously handed it to him.