7) Noodle

Panting, I slid my blade out of the man's skull. Blood dripped out of the blade, the man fell limp onto the floor. I looked up at John who had been running around this building with me, just trying to take out this guy who almost threw me off this building.

I spat out some blood out of my mouth and wiped my face with my sleeve.

"He's dead, L.T.," John informed.

"I saw it. Nice knife works, Cae," Simon replied.

"My pleasure, sir," I answered.

"All station," Simon radioed. "Hassan's down. Enemy KIA."

I took a moment before standing myself up. John walked up to me with a hand coming to shake mine. I took it.

"Didn't die even once," John joked.

"I'll take that as another win," I nodded.

Looking at the helmet I was wearing that was not on the floor and the bite mark on the terrorist's arm that I caused.

"Do you think he would've turned?" John asked.

"I don't wanna find out," I answered. "What I'd like to find out is how we're going to report the bite."

"Hey, don't feel bad about it," John said. "If it wasn't for that, you would've been dead on the ground."

I wiped the blood off my mouth and spat out the remaining blood.

We waited to get picked up on the roof. We went on the same helicopter as Captain Price and Gaz and were delivered to a designated base that happened to be a BSAA base.

Once we landed and walked out of the flying vehicle, I looked around the base and found the skull masked lieutenant also had just walking out of another heli. We shared a nod before someone wearing a BSAA field uniform approached me.

"Sergeant Redfield, we've been instructed to deploy you to our facility in California," she said.

"Who told you this?" I asked.

"Your father, ma'am," she answered.

"What's going on?" John asked.

"New orders," I answered.

Just then, another helicopter arrived. It was BSAA. I waited for someone to get out of it and found it to be Rebecca. She saw me and rushed towards me.

"What the—oh, God! What is this?" Rebecca commented right away on my face.

"This way, ma'am," the BSAA soldier instructed.

"Where are you taking her?" Rebecca asked.

"LA," I answered.

"No, I'm revoking her medical clearance," Rebecca stated.

By now, Simon had arrived.

"I'm calling Chris," Rebecca decided. "In the mean time, you're not going anywhere, Caelith. Meet me in the medbay."

I looked at the BSAA soldier. As Rebecca walked away to the indoor.

"Go. They'll need people in LA," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," she replied before leaving.

There was a pause.

"After all this, he asked you to go?" Simon asked.

"By now I'm quite used to it," I said.

"No break for the Redfields?" John said.

"Go see your doctor, Cae," Simon said.