11) Crime

I sent Simon four photos in a row.

The first one was of my helmet. I had put a tiny skull sticker at the back of it. After a lot of trial and consideration, that was all I ended up with. I modified the sticker for it to look a little more like the Ghost mask.

The second one was of myself with the helmet on, but I added a pair of fuzzy cat ears attachments. The third one was pretty much the same, but instead of a pair of fuzzy cat ears, I had a considerate sized antlers made of wires that I dipped in black paint. I made another note for the designer that those elements might be modified to have uses such as to pickup noises out of my hearing range or something like that, maybe a wifi router.

The last photo was of the mess I made for making all those stuff, which included a huge cut on my palm. I got myself cut by one of the wires.

Simon left me on read for a while before sending me a response; Where's your face?

To which I replied; Look under the helmet.

Surprisingly, Simon replied with a photo of himself. Looked like he was fresh out of the shower. He was only looking at the camera that was angled slightly lower than his chest level. No shirt.

I had no idea how long I was looking at it, but I knew for sure that it had become my favourite photo. I saved it.

I ended up responding to that message with one word; Gorgeous.

Simon replied with a call, which I excitedly picked up.

"You're really having a lot of spare time, huh, Simon?" I greeted.

"I got a loud neighbour, Cae," Simon said. "So close to delivering a complain."

"How would you do that? Shooting their wall?" I asked.

"And their dog," Simon answered.

"Rude," I said. "By the way, I have news."

"I'm listening," Simon said.

"Unfortunately, there's really nothing for me to work on in England," I sighed.

"Alright," Simon hummed.

"I've been committing a crime, though," I said. "I hacked into the Europe branch BSAA website and someone up top asked Chris if he could ask me if I can teach them how to properly secure their website since that's what I did for the Far East and North American branch websites. I told him it has to be in person."

"And?" Simon asked.

"BSAA HQ is in the UK, boo," I informed.

There was a pause.

"I know where that is," Simon said. "I can pick you up. Save your back from sleeping in the barracks."

"Simon, what are you suggesting exactly?" I asked.

Again, another pause.

"Or not," Simon said in the end.

"I'm messing with you," I admitted. "Are you sure? I don't wanna bother you or anything."

"It will bother me if you're planning all that and we're not meeting at all," Simon said.

"You sure?" I asked.

"I will pick you up anyway," Simon said.

"In the BSAA HQ?" I clarified.

"No one knows who I am there," Simon said. "I'll be invisible."

"How are you ever be invisible?" I questioned. "You're a gigantic human being."

"I'll find my way, love. I'll pick you up, we'll go for dinner or lunch, get your bubble tea, watch a film or something," Simon replied. "Sounds good, yeah?"