4) Babysit

Graves was such an arrogant prick. No one needed to walk around with big dick swinging and here the bastard stood. His freaking Shadow, he said. Fucking shady ass motherfucker.

"I'll do it," John volunteered.

"I was thinking maybe I should be the one going," I piled.

"They'll kill you both," Alejandro said.

"It's necessary," I said.

"I'm not letting you take the chance, Caelith," John stated.

"If it's gonna be a room full of straight dudes, it's easier if I'm the one presenting," I reasoned.

"I hate the idea," Simon stated.

"It's a great idea," Graves countered.

The fact that he agreed with me made me think that it was indeed a bad plan.

"It's bad," Alejandro agreed.

"If it was me, I would likely kill him than her," Graves said.

"Soap can take overwatch, he's a sniper. I'm built for combat if needed," I said.

"You're not exactly a good talker," Simon said.

"I can do it," I insisted.

"I'll offer intel for a meet with Sin Nombre," John gathered. "If he's there, we pounce."

After a little bit of more argument, it was decided that John would be the one going.

"You make it in, you'll need eyes and ears. I'll go, too," Alejandro said.

I looked at him in disbelief.

"I'll take overwatch," Simon decided.

Now, my disbelief glare turned to Simon.

"Shadow circles the target in a helo," Simon continued.

"Roger that," Graves said.

"Cae, you're with me," Simon decided.

Not air support, not help. Emotional support. Again. As what I would always do in a group where I was the only woman in a mission like this.

"They are going to want proof," Graves took something out of his pocket. "Show them this."

Graves handed over the thing he pulled out of his pocket to John.

"Call me when you need me," Graves said. "Or for a drink, Redfield."

"I don't drink," I said.

"You're the captain's daughter, I'll spend money on you. Alright, let's gear up and get after it!" Graves chuckled as he moved on.

We split up. I, as instructed, went with the lieutenant. 

I was not always a good shot, but with this shoulder and shaky hand, I was worse. However, when Simon took his position, I decided that I should at least do the same. He said nothing against it whatsoever and asked if I got a clear view.

From there, we waited.

"Shadows in position," Graves announced through the comms.

"Copy. All set here," Simon replied.

"Seein' room to set down on the roof," Graves continued.

"Check," Simon said.

"Eyes on a hostile on the left wing," I said.

"It's just me," Alejandro informed.

"Damn, that was nice and violent," I commented.

A little bit of housekeeping happened for a while. Soon, I could see John coming up and being  taken inside. I watched around the house.