12) Productive Morning

It would have been a cold morning. However, I woke up in Simon's arm with a cat sleeping on my calf. I knew Simon had already been awake because I felt his hand on my waist, gently rubbing my skin under my shirt. Well, his shirt.

I brought my hand up and rubbed my eyes before looking up at Simon. He greeted me with a kiss on my forehead. Afterwards, he moved his hand from my waist to my face, running his knuckles on my cheek.

Returning the gesture, I caressed his face. 

He looked so good right now. I wondered if anyone had seen him like this. Maybe a curious medic, taking his mask off out of curiosity while he was out cold. Maybe someone he met at a pub and went home with.

Simon Riley, an attractive person with mystery coating every single inch of him. Surely a lot of people threw themselves at him. Myself included somehow. I found him funny, too.

Simon now held my hand that was on his face. He moved it slightly and pressed his lips on my wrist.

My alarm went off about a couple of minutes after that. Before letting me go, Simon pulled me into a kiss. Maybe a few more than just a kiss. That I gladly took and returned.

We got into the shower as if it was a normal thing that we had done multiple times before. Afterwards, I got dressed, right away wearing my uniform except for my jacket. From there, we raided Simon's kitchen and did a military wizardry shit called eating whatever the fuck we could make up from whatever the fuck was available.

When it came the time to ate, Simon pulled me onto his lap. I sat sideways on his lap. He put his arm around my waist, I put my arm around his neck. We started eating there.

"Too bad we don't have the time for me to actually take you on a proper date," Simon said.

"There's no need for a date. That's more or less a formality," I said.

"I will take you to one. Someday. And you'll love me for it," Simon stated.

Chuckling, I leaned forwards to kiss him.

Just then, I felt my phone buzzing from my pocket. I took it out and saw that an incoming call from Chris was happening. At the same time, Simon also took his phone out.

Simon and I exchanged a look. I nodded and got off his lap, picking up the call as I walked away from him. Simon was also putting his phone to his ear.

"Caelith, where are you?" Chris asked.

"HQ," I lied.

"You can't be. Because I'm at the HQ and you're not in the barracks," Chris answered.

Oh, shit.

"Fuck it, it doesn't matter. There's an outbreak we need you on the field," Chris said.

"What?!" I shrieked. 

"We're blocking roads, I'll text you the locations. Just get there as soon as possible," Chris instructed.

"Yes, sir," I said.

"Do you have your helmet?" Chris asked.

"I don't," I answered. "It's in the barracks. It's in a bag with all its attachments."

"I'll have someone bring it," Chris said. "Just get there, quick. Do you need transport?"

"No, I'm good," I said. "I'll be there, but I'm in a building full of civilians, about half an hour to an hour west from the HQ."

"That sounds close to where the outbreak is. Get as many as possible to the roof, we'll deploy evac as soon as possible," Chris stated. "If you see an infected, shoot to kill."