A Dream?

(? POV)

Eh? Where am I? Wait...am- am I in a huge fish tank?! Why am I in a fish tank? Did I die? Please don't tell me i got reincarnated as a fish. *Looks down at myself* Do fishes nowadays have an upper body of a skeleton or is it just me?

Y'know what who cares about that- let's focus on the more urgent matter at hand, *looks at the fellow skeleton mer I just noticed was sleeping on the tank floor beside me* who in the heck is the fellow skeleton mer beside me? They look like... Dream sans?! What the hell? What is this? Is this a freaking dream because if it is this is not funny!

I must be dreaming right? Or in a coma? I need to wake up! I have a family and friends who need me y'know?!.... Ok that was lie, I mean I do have family but I doubt they actually miss me much I mean we aren't exactly close. Plus I don't have friends since I wasn't a social butterfly like other people and all, I prefer reading a book over socializing with other people anytime.

Wait, shoot- if dream's here then doesn't that mean nightmare's here too?! In the usual Undertale mer stories I know, nightmare is usually a huge ass kraken and dream is a goldfish. Looking around quickly I am relieved to see there is no huge kraken looming around nearby, I mean I'm sure I would notice a huge kraken around me since this water is clear as heck.

Relieved that there was no kraken nearby, I let out a breath of relief before jolting in surprise when I'm hugged from behind while a voice happily talked behind me. "Brother!" Dream happily exclaimed from behind me. "Dream?" I asked while tilting my skull as much as I can behind me to see that it was indeed dream. "Yes brother?" Dream asked with a happy smile. "You uh- startled me there for a second." I said while my thoughts ran crazy. 'why did dream call me brother? I'm not nightmare right? Isn't nightmare a kraken?! Gosh, I'm so confused right now.' I thought before snapping out of my thoughts and instead focusing on what dream had to say.

"I did? I'm sorry brother!" Dream exclaimed while hugging me tighter. "It's fine dream. Though can you loosen your hug a little? I'm afraid I'll be squeezed to death at this rate." I said jokingly at the end. "Okay!" Dream said while loosening his hug a little to where I could breath much clearer. "Thanks." I said while smiling at dream. "No problem!" Dream said before glancing at me with a curious look. "Brother? I um have something I want to ask." Dream said while still hugging me from behind.

"What do you need to ask?" I asked while listening closely. "Well... You're acting strange." Dream said quietly before quickly adding to his previous comment. "Not in a bad way though! It's just, you usually don't respond or show much emotion to what I say or do with you ever since you got in that accident. Y'know the one where you accidentally got hit on your skull by one of the scientists weird equipment things." Dream quickly rambled off before going silent, waiting for my response.

"Well, to be honest dream I uh- am not exactly the same nightmare you used to know." I said nervously. "What do you mean?" Dream asked while letting go of the hug we were in, slightly backing away to give me room to turn around. "I guess you could say I don't exactly remember you? I mean I know your name and that your my brother but that's about it." I said turning around to see dream's reaction. "W-what?! Your kidding! P-please tell me your kidding." Dream said while tears started appearing in the corner of his eye sockets. 

"I'm afraid I am telling the truth dream. I'm sure you can feel I'm telling the truth too don't you?" I softly said while staring at dream. "Yes..." Dream said while staring away with a sad look. "Dream, while I don't remember much of what I did before with you, I am still your brother. Plus this just means we could make new memories together!" I said while staring at dream, hoping that my words would cheer him up.

Luckily my words seemed to have lifted dream's mood a little and he stared at me, though through tears that were covering his vision. "Really? You want to make new memories together with me?" Dream asked while staring at me with a hopeful gaze. "Of course why wouldn't I want to? You're my brother after all." I said with a smile on my face. "I thought because you don't really remember me you would be wary of me and wouldn't want to be near me." Dream said quietly. "Well no need to worry about that anymore! I'm not wary of you dream if anything I feel comfortable around you, most likely since we're brothers. Plus why wouldn't I want to be near you? Your family and that's all that matter to me." I said while internally cheering in victory when I saw dream's mood mostly cheer up.