Pain

(Nightmare POV)

It was now the next day and the scientists were still here except they were messing with a strange panel thing. Ignoring what they were doing, I stay in my curled up position on my rock while staring at the sand below me before shooting my skull upwards when I hear a strange noise from above the huge fish tank me and dream are in. Alarmed, I protectively curl my tail around dream's who was just waking up while watching as the scientists panicked from the other side of the glass.

"Shit! Why isn't the button working? Turn off damnit!" The human lady name Olivia said with a panicked expression. Not knowing what was going on but knowing something was wrong, I pulled a now alert but confused dream close while glaring above at the surface of the tank we were in. "Someone get Lance here now!" Olivia yelled while staring at us with a expression of worry. "Alright!" A cat monster named Ash said before running out the door.

While Ash went in search of lance who I assumed must be scary guy, I glared at the strange purple substance that was sinking into the tank me and dream were in. Dream instantly clung closer to me when he saw the purple substance nearing closer to us, quickly grabbing dream's hand I drag him away to one of the corners of the tank so we wouldn't be touched by the purple unknown substance.

While me and dream stayed in the corner of the tank we waited for the scientists to do something. Sadly when I took a look to see what the scientists were doing, I felt dread when I saw the human boy who insulted me before named James 'accidently' press another button, their face 'paling in fear' when they saw what button they pressed. I don't know what button they pressed but I soon found out when a yellow substance appeared into the tank with the purple substance and started to also sink into the water and towards us.

"You moron! Why did you press that button?!" Someone exclaimed while slamming the lab door close behind them. Turning my attention to the one who yelled, I notice it's scary guy who I assume must be Lance since I could see Ash standing behind him. "I-" James started before being cut off by lance sending them a glare. Immediately quieting, James didn't say anything else meanwhile lance sped past them and towards the panel the other scientists were messing with before.

Touching some buttons and typing in something, whatever was sending in the purple and yellow substance stopped but even though they stopped it, it was too late. Most of the purple and yellow substance in the tank was still spreading. Letting out a frustrated groan, lance quickly moved to one side of the lab before pulling a lever, right when lance pulled the lever two huge strange claw things dropped into the tank and started heading towards us.

Immediately alarmed, I hiss at the claws while my fins flared. Not stopping, the huge claws came closer and then without warning they pulled me and dream away from each other before tugging us upwards. Not knowing what was going on and not liking that I was suddenly being tugged away by a metal claw away from my brother, my finger bones sharpened into claws and then like nothing I slashed at the metal and was surprised but delighted when the metal claw snapped into pieces.

Relieved I had the metal claw destroyed, I relax slightly before remembering dream was still being tugged away by the other metal claw. Quickly turning to where I spot dream, I immediately feel upset when I see dream's panicked, confused, and fear stricken face not knowing what was going on and not wanting to be dragged away by the huge metal claw either. Trying to wiggle free, dream noticed I was free and stared at me with tears appearing near his eye sockets. "Nighty!" Dream yelled, trying to reach out to me before letting out a cry of pain when the metal claw sinked into his sides tightly.

Growling in fury at what the scientists were doing, I rip both my gloves off while ignoring the sudden high volt of electricity that bolted through my body, adrenaline kicking in to save my brother away from the metal claw that was digging into his body. Once I ripped both of my gloves off, both of my eye lights glowed in a purple color while my magic coursed through my body once again, not being restrained from the gloves anymore.

Lifting one of my hands to dream and the metal claw, I lead my magic into my hand before imagining the metal claw letting go of my brother. Looking at the metal claw holding dream, I was relieved when I saw the metal claw stop, my purple magic holding it in place before forcing it to snap open. Right when the metal claw thing let dream go, I felt my magic start to calm down and then with adrenaline still in my system I quickly swim as fast as I can towards dream before pulling him away from the metal claw.

Going back to our previous corner, I instantly check over dream who still seemed shaken. My eyelights glow a dangerous purple when I noticed that dream was bleeding from where they had grabbed him away from me and had roughly tugged him away. Gently touching one of dream's wounds, I send my magic through my palm before directing it at dream who flinched when he felt me touch one of his wounds. Though dream quickly relaxed the next second when he felt a warm soothing feeling go through his body and to his wounds which he noticed started healing at a rapid pace before fully disappearing like they weren't ever there at all.

Letting out a sound of amazement, dream stared at me before seemingly noticing something, face shifting into worry. "Nightmare, your bleeding!" Dream exclaimed while staring at me with worry. "I am?" I said before looking down at myself to see I was indeed bleeding. Frowning, I stare at the bleeding wounds for a moment before directing my magic to them. Instantly my wounds healed just like dreams did when I had healed him, nodding my skull in satisfaction I then face my attention to dream who was staring at something behind me with a worried look.

"Dream? Is something wrong?" I asked with confusion before turning my skull around when dream pointed behind me. Turning around, my expression immediately darkens when I notice the purple and yellow substance about to touch us. "Hey dream? You won't happen to know what will happen to us once these weird substances envelop us do you?" I asked while looking towards dream. "No, I don't know. But from the way the scientists are feeling it must be bad." Dream said with worry and fear in his voice, curling up as much as he can in the corner we are both in.

"..." Not saying anything, I feel the scientists emotions to sense that they all felt guilt, worry, and fear. Well- except for James, all I felt from him was smugness and happiness. Letting out a sigh, I swim to dream's side while curling my tail around his in a comforting way, staring as the substances start to envelop me and dream. Right when the substances touched me I felt the urge to blackout but resisted, dream on the other hand instantly went limp by my side.

Worry seeping through me, I check dream and am relieved to feel he's still breathing. Sadly I couldn't see him clearly since my view was being blocked by the purple and yellow substances. Still resisting the urge to blackout, I growl when I feel a strange pain jolt through my tail. After the strange pain jolted through my tail, my scales started to feel weird, they felt dry and ready to fall off. Frowning, I move away from dream since I felt like something big was going to happen and it seems I was right.

My scales started to fall off my tail, even though I couldn't see it happen I could feel it happening. After all my scales fell off my tail, I started to feel warmth and then with no warning, intense pain jolted through my whole being. And then as if to torment me more, I felt as if my tail was splitting into pieces, I also felt a strange Goopy substance start to cover my whole body.

By the time the pain had stopped I had already lost consciousness and couldn't see what happened to myself. Though, while I couldn't see what happened to myself some others did.

(sneak peek of the next chapter~)

(Nightmare POV)

"Iғ oɴly I нαd ѕтαyed αwαĸe, тнeɴ I woυldɴ'т вe αloɴe ιɴ тнιѕ нυɢe тαɴĸ вy мyѕelғ..." I said to myself as I stared at my goopy black tentacles that covered my lower body. "I woɴder wнere yoυ αre rιɢнт ɴow dreαм?" I questioned to no one at all before going into the huge cave decoration that was in here with me. Disappearing into the dark cave, the last thing someone would see would be a cyan eye light glancing back one more time before fully disappearing into the darkness.
________________________________________

Have a good day and night!

Info:

I'm sure everyone knows what happened to nightmare right? If you don't, you'll find out in the next chapter.

I wonder if dream had a huge change like nightmare...

Nightmare and Dream are both currently 20 years old in both human and skeleton years.