Crash

(Nightmare POV)

It's been a week since the shocking event has happened and my body didn't ache as bad as it did when I first woke up last week. Another thing that happened during the week, was that the higher ups decided not to let me see dream since I had caused trouble and least to say I was pissed. Though, when they saw how angry I was when my request was denied, they decided they would have sci show me someone else instead who may catch my interest. We're planning on heading to wherever we're going today since I mostly recovered and no, killer and the others weren't coming with.

Ever since the shocking incident, the higher-ups had separated me and era from the other mers by putting us in a separate tank from the others. Do you know what that means? They separated me and era from the other mers but still stuck both of us together in the new tank! How dumb are these higher-ups?! I swear I'm going to chew their heads off when I find them!

'Luckily for me, I get a separate tank for awhile since I'll be visiting alone to meet with whoever I'm gonna meet with...' I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when my tank suddenly shifted, making me hiss in annoyance at the sudden movement. Right- did I mention that I was already being loaded onto a moving truck? No? Well now you know.

Listening to the slightly muffled voices, I hear words such as 'move' 'where' 'a day' 'bird' and 'dangerous'. Deciding not to try and figure out what the workers are saying, I shift into a more comfortable position from inside my tank while looking around in boredom. If only killer was here, at least then the tank wouldn't feel as dull and empty. No matter how insufferable killer can be, I have to admit he's amusing company to have around.

I was soon drawn out of my thoughts once more but this time by the sound of the moving truck starting, In turn my tank vibrated and shaked slightly as the water in my tank sloshed around, sending ripples and small waves throughout the tank. Meanwhile, I stayed glued to the sandy floor at the bottom of the tank. One of the good things about this tank was that it wasn't transparent glass but black tinted glass instead.

The reason as to why my glass was black tinted glass instead of transparent is because the higher-ups didn't want others to see me if we end up in public. The other two reasons were because I didn't like a lot of light, and the black tinted glass hid me well.

Looking around my tank, I think back to when I was recovering with era in the same tank we shared, we didn't talk to each other but instead glared at each other while letting out warning hisses. Least to say me and era weren't on talking terms at the moment and I don't blame him for being mad at me. After all, I hurt one of his friends and wasn't exactly nice to any of the mers in the previous tank.

I admit I feel guilty for the incident, if only I had kept my temper in check then none of that would've happened. Era would still be with his friends instead of being stuck with me and I would still be dealing with killer who would constantly be bothering me about seal meat and would complain and talk about whatever he finds interesting. Perhaps it's best this way, the higher-ups made the right decision by separating me from the others, I just wish they let era stay with his friends, it wasn't his fault after all.

While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice as the truck started to move erratically until I felt the truck flip over, causing me to let out a yelp of surprise when I was being shoved around in the tank. Hitting the glass at times, I look to see that teeny tiny cracks were forming which in turn caused me to slam at the glass on purpose while still being slammed around the tank which I could care less about at the moment. A few bruises meant nothing to me as long as I could break this glass!

While slamming against the glass, I let out a hiss as the truck hit something sharp which caused a sharp spike to peirce through the truck and at the glass tank. While it didn't pierce through the tank, it definitely caused spider web like cracks to appear. I soon snapped my attention from the spike and instead focused on the sound of...the ocean? It sounded like it was getting near but how?

Another thud, crash, and cracks on my glass tank made it hard to focus but I was positive, the sound of the ocean was getting near! While I never been to the ocean before I just got the feeling that's what it was and as the ocean sounds got closer, I couldn't help the excitement rising inside me despite being swung around.

As I listened to the sound of water get closer, I noticed that the water in my tank had poured out of the cracks and there was barely any water in here which made my tentacles sway in displeasure. After all, without the water I wouldn't have anything to cushion me from hitting the glass too hard- wait... that's it! Without the water I'll be able to break the glass easier now!

Grinning, I slam my tentacles at the glass and let out a sound of delight as the glass looked like it was near the verge of breaking. Before I could hit the glass once more though, I was interrupted by a huge splash and then water started to fill the truck and water started to seep back into my broken tank which in turn caused more cracks to appear under the pressure and then one more tentacle smack later and the glass finally gave in.

Swimming out of the now broken tank, I watch as one of the truck doors break off which allowed me to pass through. Slipping through the truck, I feel myself relax at the sight of the ocean before me, the smell of the salty ocean made me feel right at home. Everything just felt right and for a moment I just wanted to swim and keep on swimming and never look back but then the image of dream stopped me.

Dream, there was no way I was going to just abandon him! Plus, I still have this stupid collar stuck on me. Glaring as much as I could at the collar on my neck, I feel slight happiness when I realize it has a few cracks on it from all the crashing. Looking away from my collar, i turn my attention to the sinking truck and move closer. Looking through the front of the truck where the driver and passenger would be, I notice two dead humans floating there, eyes glassed over while their bodies leaked blood which made me want to eat them but I held myself back.

I didn't want to eat humans because for one, dream wouldn't like that, I don't want to eat humans unless necessary, and who knows if those humans had an accident in their pants due to fear before they died! Letting out a growl at the dead humans, I turn away while wondering what to do. While I wanna find dream, I can't exactly do that if I'm lost and don't know where to go.

Sighing, I start to swim off in a random direction before stopping. While my bond with dream may be weak it wasn't impossible to feel. Feeling for the bond, I let out a sound of relief when I feel a weak but slight tug at the bond, confirming that the bond was still in place. I was worried though, if I don't find dream soon our bond may weaken more since that transformation that happened to us caused it to weaken. Me and dream need to fix the bond soon but we have to be together to do that.

Wait- no getting off track. Bond fixing later, first I have to follow the bond and find dream before doing anything. Swimming into the direction the bond was leading me, I could only hope that dream was faring better than I was.
________________________________________

Have a spectacular day and night!

I hope all of you enjoy the update!

Info:

Soon Coming To Theaters: Finding Nightmare- or would it be Finding Dream? Well whatever, welcome to Finding Anyone!

Nightmare feels like eating some shark meat.

Dream is wondering why he feels his brother slowly getting closer through the bond. There's no way his brother is heading for him right? If he is heading for him, it made dream feel happy and relieved, while he may have made some friends here, he wanted his brother back.