Punishment.

(Nightmare POV)

'How did it come to this?' is what I thought as I stared at killer who was clinging onto me while hissing at the others, giving them all the middle finger as he kept saying he wasn't gonna let someone take me from him. It all started after sci left to do who knows what and left while promising to give me back my crown later. Once sci had left everything went into a peaceful silence until killer swam up to me suddenly while claiming I was gonna be his mate no matter what sci or his higher-ups said, obviously not giving a shit about the consequences.

"If any of you wanna challenge me then come at me, I will defend my position as boss's future mate!" Killer declared as he still clung to my arm, luckily for him I was in a good mood since I would have a chance to see dream and didn't mind killer's idiotic act...for now. "Relax will ya? We ain't planning to take your mate!" Murder said while staring at killer with a hint of exasperation. "And how am I supposed to trust what you say?" Killer asks while narrowing his eye sockets at Murder who pinched his nasal while looking at killer with a look that says 'you gotta be kidding me right now' obviously not wanting to deal with killer any longer, Murder just asked killer to trust his word to which killer resigned with one last warning glare towards the other mers before sitting down on the sandy floor.

(A day later-)

(Nightmare POV)

I was currently glaring at killer who just snatched a fish from my pile of freshly dead fish meat and shoved it into his mouth. Swallowing it while grinning at my annoyed expression, killer instantly regretted what he did when he went flying across the tank and into the other mers beside era. Next thing you know, they're all a pile of flailing limbs and tail fins, while I watched with a satisfied expression I noticed era swimming over to me and while I didn't really care, I was curious on why he was approaching me. Perhaps he's not happy I just tossed killer into his pile of mer friends?

When era was just a few feet away from me, he did something I wasn't expecting. He...leaned towards my face and touched me? Not expecting that, I look at him in confusion and slight curiosity on what he was doing. "I really don't see the resemblance." Era said while turning my face side to side. "Wнαт?" I ask, confusion clear in my tone. "You don't look a bit like dream. He has white bones and yellow eye lights. Dream is also a different aquatic species from you so I really don't get how you're blood related, not to mention twins, you don't look like his twin at all." Era say's while letting go of me as he dodges killer who swam over at top speed when he saw how close era was to me.

"How do yoυ ĸɴow dreαм?!" I ask or more like demand as I stare at era who simply grinned slightly at my question. "I happened to meet him awhile back, we were in the same tank for awhile before they moved him to a higher branch." Era say's casually as he watches my expression for any change, when I didn't show much of a reaction except for a frown while looking deep in thought, he felt a little disappointed he didn't get any entertaining reaction out of me.

'Dream, he got moved to another branch again? But why? Why is it each time I get closer to finding him I also get farther away?! Plus, why was dream taken to another branch when I'm gonna see him soon? Maybe they thought I would attack dream because I would be mad at him for the positivity attack? Or maybe they thought I wouldn't recognize dream? So many questions and theories and yet no answer to confirm.' I thought in frustration and confusion, letting out a annoyed growl, my tentacles sway around me due to my emotions getting the better of me before freezing when a thought came to mind. 'What if...They don't agree with what I told sci and aren't planning to bring me dream back? No, that won't happen. They wouldn't lie, right?...oh who am I kidding? Of course they would lie! All of them are nothing but filthy liers!' I thought as my negativity grew and my tentacles started to thrash about with no actual target or direction in mind.