Friend?

(Nightmare POV)

...I was currently lost. How I got lost? Even I don't know. I was still following the bond I had with dream but it was weakening as time passed and it was getting harder to detect the bond and what way to go. It was starting to make me uneasy and worried whenever I woke up to find the bond was weaker than before. I hope I just make it in time to get to dream, I don't care if I'm taken after that, I just want to fix me and dream's twin bond. From what I heard, when one breaks a bond it tends to be painful and will leave a feeling of emptiness for awhile.

Since me and dream had a twin bond it would feel horrible for both of us if the bond were to break especially since we both are family. Not just that but the bond was the only comfort I had to know dream was still alive and with me. As I was lost in thought, I didn't notice a somewhat colorful blur quickly swimming straight at me from behind until I was suddenly grabbed by whoever it was. Letting out a alarmed hiss, I snap my attention to the one who seemed to be hugging me from behind? Giving the one hugging me a glare, I take notice that it's a mer similar to me. They seemed to be part squid and skeleton, though I don't think I have ever seen a squid as colorful as him before...

Staring at the stranger, they seem to take notice of this and look back at me with a bright grin on they're face before letting go. Swimming in circles around me, the squid mer doesn't say anything as they observe me while I observe them. It was strange really, two mers that are strangers to each other just observing one another like it was just a normal everyday thing. Before this weird observing situation could continue, I decided to interrupt and ask the obvious question swirling in my mind. "Iғ I мαy αѕĸ, wнo αre yoυ?" Jolting out of whatever trance they were in when they were observing me, the squid mer looks at me for a moment before responding with a smile. "My name's Blot! What about you?" Blot asks with a curious skull tilt, eye lights shifting to different shapes.

"My ɴαмe ιѕ ɴιɢнтмαre, ιт'ѕ α pleαѕυre тo мeeт yoυ eveɴ тнoυɢн yoυr ɢreeтιɴɢ wαѕ qυιтe...odd." I say while watching as Blot stops swimming around me to just hover in front of me. "Right- sorry about that. I don't exactly have many friends so I don't know much about how to greet others." Blot responds as he looks away with a nervous look on his face. Staring at Blot, I try to figure out what he meant by he didn't have much friends, were they're not many mers in the ocean? I thought there would've been some.

(Blot POV)

I messed up didn't I? I knew this was a bad idea! What was I thinking just approaching this random mer all because they were similar to me? I mean who goes up to a stranger and gives them a hug from behind? Me apparently. Staring at the mer octopus in front of me, I ponder on what I should say. "So um- do you...want to be friends?" I ask before mentally yelling at myself. Why did I ask him to be my friend?! I just met him! But what else could I have done? I'm feeling lonely and I want a friend to talk to.

(Nightmare POV)

'Be his friend?' I thought while staring at Blot in confusion before sensing they're very strong negative emotions that seemed to be centered on their self. Did they think I wouldn't want to be they're friend?...well usually I would reject such a request especially since I only know Blot's name but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give him a chance at friendship. Friendship...what a foreign word, I don't think I ever had a friend before...

Seeing how Blot was looking tenser by the second from the silence, I decided to respond back. "Sυre." Was all I said and just that response seemed to put Blot at ease seeing how he immediately brightened. "Really?! Yes! My first friend ever!" Blot cheered as they swam around me in excitement. Seeing how excited they were about having a friend, I felt amused but also a little upset that he didn't have any friends. Everyone should have at least one friend, it's not good to be lonely even if you crave solitude.

Watching as Blot continued to swim about excitedly, I move my gaze away from them and to a crab skittering nearby. Instantly, I had the crab in one of my tentacles and was staring down at it in Glee and was about to eat it when I heard someone's stomach grumble behind me. Turning around, I look at Blot who in turn laughs sheepishly as he looks away from me in embarrassment, a rainbow blush on his face at someone hearing such a embarrassing noise come from his stomach.

Looking at the crab in my tentacle and then at Blot, I consider giving it to him before seeing something red crawling nearby in which one of my tentacles immediately grab whatever it is. Glancing at whatever I caught in my tentacle, I grin as I notice what it is and have the urge to eat it but don't and instead devour the crab with no remorse. Blot on the other hand was kinda expecting that I wouldn't share but it still stung and he felt a little sad at not getting anything and was about to find something to eat when something red was suddenly shoved in his face. Looking in front of him, Blot noticed it was a lobster being held by a black tentacle. Looking over at nightmare, he can see and hear him grumbling something as they shoved the lobster in his face again, Blot smiled at that.

Taking the lobster, Blot ate it as nightmare patiently waited for him to finish. When Blot finished eating, nightmare immediately started swimming in the direction he felt the bond tugging him. As nightmare started swimming off, Blot was confused but followed after, not wanting to be alone. Nightmare on the other hand was wondering why Blot was following him and questioned him about it and in turn Blot responded he didn't want to be alone again.

Not knowing how to make him leave, nightmare just sighs before beckoning Blot to follow. Seeing nightmare didn't care that he followed him around, Blot stuck near nightmare's side and even though nightmare didn't say it, he was enjoying the other's company already. Maybe it was because Blot was similar to him in a way and because he was more easy to deal with and read like an open book...

As Nightmare and Blot continued onwards towards dream's location, there was a problem rising where killer, era, and the others are located at.
______________________________________________

Have a good day and night!

Info:

Blot has joined the team!

Blot is a happy squid boi.

Nightmare wonders why Blot's lower body is rainbow colored.

Nightmare finds it pretty how Blot's rainbow colors shift around when he moves.

Dream feels nightmare getting closer to where he is.

Blot has zero clue of what's going on but is willing to follow nightmare, his only friend, to wherever they're headed.

Blot aka Ink is a Giant squid Leviathan.