The Scientists.

(Nightmare POV)

I awoke to the sound of muffled talking coming from outside of the tank me and dream lived in and I immediately became alert. Tail protectively wrapping around me and dream, I stare at the figures walking in through a set of doors while they happily chatted with each other about whatever topic they had on their mind. Watching the one's walking in and setting up, I notice the group of people coming in consist of both monsters and humans.

Warily, I watch the humans and monsters for a moment before turning my attention to dream who woke up from the group of people talking. Staring, I watch as dream excitedly swims up to the glass and waves at the people on the other side who immediately notice dream's presence and greet him back with a smile before noticing me watching from behind dream.

Seeing me staring at them the people who I assume must be the scientists, started chatting with each other for a moment before one of the scientists who was a human came up to the glass, all the while they stared at me with a curious but excited look. "Hello?" The human on the other side asked, though their voice was slightly muffled because of the glass tank. Not responding I just stare at the human with narrowed eye sockets while observing them, the human was wearing a white coat just like the group he was with and seemed to be the youngest in the group of scientists here.

While I observed the human, dream greeted the human before turning to me. "Brother? Aren't you going to say hello?" Dream asked while swimming up to me to see if I was okay. Not answering, I turn my attention to dream before shaking my skull sideways. "Oh? Why not? Are you scared?" Dream asked while concern showed in his eyelights. "Oh right! I forgot you don't remember them anymore! I'm so sorry brother!" Dream said with realization showing on his face.

Staying silent, I give dream a smile that said it was okay before turning to the human who was watching me and dream interact. Swimming up to the glass, I watch as the human and the group of scientists behind him let out excited noises while watching me, seemingly waiting for me to do something. Pondering on what it is they are waiting for, I turn to dream who was now beside me while giving him a questioning look.

Noticing my confusion, dream immediately told me what the scientists wanted me to do. "They want to hear you speak brother." Dream explained. 'they want to hear me speak?' I thought while giving dream a puzzled look before turning back to the human and scientists who were now silently waiting for me to do something. "Hello." I said before watching with confusion as the human and scientists let out happy noises and seemingly celebrating something.

"Dream? What are they so happy about?" I asked with confusion clear in my voice. "Because it's been so long since you've talked! Plus you never really paid attention to any of the scientists even before your head incident. You were quite stubborn whenever I tried to get you to talk with them before." Dream explained while smiling at the scientists happiness. "Oh... Wait- dream?" I asked with realization coming into my voice. "Yes?" Dream asked while turning his attention away from the the scientists who were still celebrating happily.

"Aren't we supposed to have our gloves on now?" I asked while watching as the happy smile on dream's face faded and was replaced with a horrified expression. "Oh my stars! I forgot all about that! Hurry nightmare, we have to get our gloves on before the scary human leader comes in!" Dream exclaimed before swimming away to the big sea shell decoration that held our gloves inside. "Okay?" I said though I was confused on who this scary human leader was.

Swimming over to the big sea shell decoration, I grab my gloves from inside it before putting them on. While I put on my gloves dream already had his on and was anxiously staring at the door behind the scientists who noticed we were just putting our gloves on. When they saw me put my gloves on, the scientists immediately let out sounds of relief before quickly turning to the door that opened behind them. Instantly, the group of scientists all straightened up and stared at the one who came in.

"Good morning sir!" All the scientists said to the one standing in front of them, fear and respect clearly showing in their eyes. "Morning." The one who was a human said though they seemed quite scary with the scar on their face, the cold brown eyes, and aura that said 'make wrong move and your out of here!'. "So, has anything special happened? I could hear all of you cheering happily all the way from down the hall." The one who I marked for now as scary guy said. "Well sir, nightmare has just spoken after not speaking for over a year!" The human who said hello to me exclaimed. "Oh? Is that so..." The scary guy said before walking past the group of scientists and approached the glass tank me and dream were in, all the while the scary guy's eyes were on me.

Tapping the glass, the scary guy waited for me to react which I did by deciding to swim closer and touching the glass. Seeing me come closer the scary guy's reaction was to nod in approval before turning his attention to the group of scientists. "Alright, you said he spoke no? Ask him to say something." Scary guy said before turning his attention back to me. Coming up, the human from before stared at me before saying hello again. This time though I didn't respond and just stared for a moment before turning away.

Seeing me turn away, the human boy instantly had a face filled with worry and panic. Instantly calling out in a panicked voice, the human said something that irked me."wait! Don't leave your supposed to say hello! Remember? Just like you did before, c'mon say hi! Don't tell me you suddenly turned stupid and mute!" The human shouted before realizing what they just said. It was too late to apologize though, I was angry and I immediately turned my anger towards the human boy who insulted me.

Quickly swimming back up to the glass, I slam my tail harshly into the glass with anger in my eyes lights before crying out in frustration when I saw that the human didn't get harmed since the glass rebounded my attack. "Brother! Calm down, I'm sure the human didn't mean those mean words they said!" Dream said while blocking the human and the scientists from my view by swimming in front of me. Letting out an animalistic growl, I glare at the glass behind dream before letting out a angry huff while reluctantly swimming away from the glass and onto the rock me and dream slept on.

"I believe I said to make them speak not piss them off." Scary guy said calmly though you could see the anger in his eyes. "I'm s-sorry sir! I didn't mean to say any of that! I just panicked and was upset because of some personal reasons at home and-" the human boy frantically said before getting cut off by scary guy pointing to the door. "You will reflect on your actions at home right now and you will come back tomorrow with a better attitude, do you understand? I could give zero shits about what's happening in your personal life. Also don't think on directing your anger and frustration at the mers again, if you do you will be fired." The scary guy said before turning his attention to the rest of the scientists.

"I will visit tomorrow, I expect you all to get the purple mer to talk by then understand? Also we will do testing tomorrow, for today just observe the mers for any other changes." The scary guy said before walking out the door, not waiting for a response. After the scary guy left, the human boy who shouted at me quickly packed up his things and left without a word. Once the human boy was gone the rest of the scientists went to their desks and chatted quietly while also making sure to look now and then to see if we would do anything.

Resting on the rock, I shut my eye sockets close while listening as dream hummed softly beside me and then without my notice I quickly drifted off into sleep.
________________________________________

Have a wonderful day and night!

Info:

Scary guy is surprisingly an okay guy so far huh?

Nightmare didn't speak when the human boy asked for him to speak again because he doesn't like being bossed around. Plus he doesn't like being insulted, I mean who would?

Dream is currently worried about how nightmare may view the scientists as.