A New Face.

(Nightmare POV)

I woke up today while feeling uneasy, it's probably because i keep thinking about those strange questions that sci had asked me about a week ago. Yeah, it's been a whole week since sci has visited me ever since he asked me those strange questions and he hasn't come back since and it has been making me feel uneasy and well... Worried.

Though, while I have indeed been worried I've been figuring out how to change to my passive form and to make my size smaller so I could seem less intimidating to sci. After all, I could tell my size and looks intimidated and scared sci even though he tried to hide the fact, I could easily figure him out by feeling his emotions. And so this whole week I've been figuring out how to make myself smaller and change into my passive form as it was more friendly looking.

Luckily for me, it only took that whole week sci was gone and I quickly figured out how to change into my passive form and how to make myself smaller. I most likely figured out how to change my size and form quickly because I wasn't being pestered with questions and I wasn't worrying over dream who wasn't with me anymore.

Anywho, besides achieving how to change my size and into my passive form, I was currently laying down in my cave while now in my smaller size though I was still in my corrupt form and I was listening as I heard footsteps nearing the lab door. The footstep sounds, I immediately perked up at since I instantly recognized them as sci's, not to mention I could sense his familiar magic signature.

Looking towards the lab door, I stare at it before narrowing my eye sockets when I saw that sci was not alone. Besides sci, there was a machine holding a huge net filled with fresh dead fish except that was not what I was focused on, no- I was focused on the second net that was hanging beside the net that was filled with dead fish. Inside the second net, I couldn't see anything but from the way whatever was in it kept squirming inside, I could instantly tell whatever it was that was inside, it was alive.

Letting out a displeased growl at whatever was squirming in the second net, the movement in the net stopped at the sound of my growl and stilled, heck everything was now so silent that I thought for a moment that whatever was in the net just died! However I was quickly proven wrong when I sensed the being that was in the net, giving off emotions filled with fear and worry. Though the emotions seemed kinda, I dunno... Dull? Muted? Well whatever it is, it seemed strange and I didn't want whatever was in the net, in my tank.

As if hearing my thoughts and doing the exact opposite of what I wanted, the machine that was beside sci started moving towards my tank and first dropped in my food before waiting for me to eat. After I ate my fill, I stared at the machine before letting out an angry growl when the machine moved the second net and dropped it right into my tank! Staring at the net that was now just freely sinking into my tank, I stare at it with a hostile look before stopping when I noticed sci staring at me with a look that begged me not to do anything rash.

Frowning, I let out a huff before swimming over to the net that was still staying still despite me knowing they were alive in there. Roughly grabbing the net, I turn it upside down before shaking it and out came a shark. Wait no- scratch that it was what seemed to be a skeleton mer and they seemed to have the lower body of a great white shark though they seemed smaller than me, makes sense considering I was still bigger than in my passive form and can only make myself so small.

Looking at the net now in my hand, I toss it out of the square hole that dropped in the net in the first place and was pleased when the net was instantly grabbed by the machine. Once the net was out of my hands, I turned my attention to the mer who I instantly recognized as killer sans and raised a non existent brow in confusion when I saw killer flopped on the sand pretending to be dead. Tentacles swaying beside me, I move one of my tentacles and grabbed killer who seemed to somehow still more than before when I touched him and brought him closer to see what was different about him.

Observing killer while he was now wrapped in one of my tentacles, I give him a confused look while watching as he shook slightly when I put my hand on his chin to make him face me. Killer's eye sockets we're shut tightly closed and I could feel him slightly shaking even though he tried not to show it and It confused me even more when I saw that killer was still pretending to be dead. 'why in the world is he pretending to be dead?' is what I wondered before remembering I was a scary looking kraken and can eat sharks whole if I wanted to.

(Here's the drawing I did of the great white shark killer and smaller version of kraken nightmare!)

(I hope y'all like it!) (Anywho back to the story-)

(Sci POV)

I was watching as nightmare interacted with the great white shark mer that was named killer and was relieved when I saw nightmare's hostility die down slightly when he saw the look I gave him. It seems he understood what I was trying to tell him and didn't do anything rash like trying to kill killer who would've definitely died if nightmare wasn't being watched over by me. Seeing that nightmare didn't seem to intend to harm killer, I wrote down some things before focusing back on the two mers and almost had a soul attack when I saw nightmare wildly shaking poor killer around in his tentacles like a ragdoll.

Immediately I shouted at nightmare and was relieved when he stopped and instead focused on me. Right when nightmare focused on me was when I realized what I just did, I just yelled at a kraken that can kill me in a matter of seconds if it wasn't for the glass between us. Hesitantly looking up and into nightmare's gaze, I say something I didn't think I get the courage to say to him, a freaking kraken. "That's enough nightmare, leave killer alone." I say, though it sounded more like a demand.

Narrowing his eye socket at me, nightmare's tentacles swayed beside him before he let out an animalistic growl, dropping a dizzy killer and swimming back towards his cave. Looking back at me one more time with an annoyed huff and a glare that sent shivers down my spine, nightmare swam back into his cave but before he did I could've sworn I saw him glance back at me one more time, his eye light filled with a slight look of guilt.
_________________________________________

Have a awesome day and night!

Info:

Nightmare felt guilty because he didn't mean to panic sci.

Nightmare didn't mean to scare sci.

Nightmare isn't sure how to feel about killer.

Nightmare is wondering why killer is here. More specifically why he's here in his tank.

Killer is scared of nightmare.

Sci cares about nightmare.

Nightmare now knows how to minimize his size and go into his passive form!